25

"You are fucking nuts, do you know that?" Duncan shouted at Feng Yue as they entered the apartment, the one she shared with Feng Xue. "What do you think would happen if I don't call the police?" He never got angry, this was the first, because he was afraid that somehow their father would hear about this incident, especially with the two dolls that he despised were there. There would be hard consequences if he knew that Feng Yue provoked Wei Wuxian to the point of seeing her face. No one was supposed to know the twins' faces especially Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, it was that big of a secret. 

"Don't worry, I erased the dolls' memory." Feng Xue clicked his tab to show Duncan that he did so back at the warehouse.

"What happened would be, we would talk to them, and ask for their opinion and maybe some help to take care of father." Feng Yue looked at Duncan in defiance and Feng Xue sighed. His twin sister was always the more opinionated and hardheaded one. If she wanted something, she would do anything to get it, whether it's a thing, or a man, like Noah. He still did not understand her fixation on Noah, what's with him? He's handsome, sure, in a rough way, but there were more handsome people out there, who were not as dangerous as Noah St.Claire. Or maybe it was the danger that caused her to covet him? Either way, Noah seemed to be infatuated with his sister too, so he didn't have any complaint. Yet.

"Weren't we agree that we had a time fucking table?" Duncan wanted to scream. He was afraid that he would find out and he would kill the twins before they even got to Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. "I thought we had a perfectly good plan here, why did you always screw it up, Feng Yue?"

"I went with my gut feelings." Feng Yue shrugged and she stood up. "Gotta go, got someone's waiting for me home. I'll take Nero with me." She took the bike key off the table and waved both of the men goodbye.

"Relax, Duncan. You knew that she was like that. We just need to do a little bit of damage control, unless the Grim Reaper has already done it." 

"What do you mean?"

"I altered the memories of everyone present there." Wei Wuxian spoke to Lan Wangji when they were back at the car. "Judging by how she always wore the gas mask, I bet she didn't want anyone to know her face. And I admit the mask was cool." She sniffed and Lan Wangji patted her thigh. "I need to talk to Xie Lian. Where is he?"

"He's staying at Hua Cheng's apartment downtown. I'll call him right now to let them know we're going there."

They arrived at the apartment around thirty minutes later and found Xie Lian was in the middle of playing guqin. Hua Cheng let them in and offered them tea and snacks, which Wei Wuxian declined. She needed something stronger, and Hua Cheng brought her a bottle of Glenfiddich. Lan Wangji on the other hand, took Hua Cheng's offer of tea. Wei Wuxian quickly gulped almost half bottle in one take when Xie Lian appeared.

"What's wrong Xianxian? You looked like you just saw a ghost." Xie Lian sat in front of Wei Wuxian and Hua Cheng poured the tea for him. "Thank you baby."

"In a way, me and Lan Zhan, we both just saw a ghost." Wei Wuxian gulped the Glenfiddich again. "I think I might have just met my daughter."

The words was replied by pregnant silence all around the room.

"Your… daughter?" Xie Lian frowned. "You mean, there's another experiment of yours running around the town?"

"She's different from He Xuan." Wei Wuxian looked straight into Xie Lian's eyes. "She wielded the Devourer Whip, and she has the Abyss too. She combined our biotech with modern nanotech, and she took out her own ribs!"  Wei Wuxian was incoherent because she was furious. True, it was easier for her to wield the scythe, or the whip, or whatever weapon she could conjure with the rib bone. But it hurt like hell to take out her own ribs. Sure, it would grow right back, but the pain was not worth it, and judging by Morrigan's ability, she took out her ribs quite some time ago. 

"And she looked like me and Lan Zhan. How is this possible, Xie Lian? You said that it's impossible for us to have children, but how…"

"She was the one who attacked Noah the last time. The woman with the pink gas mask. And if I have to bet, the other one with the green gas mask must be her sibling. Brother." Lan Wangji explained it to Xie Lian and Hua Cheng, and took his own deduction.

"God, what have I done this time?" Wei Wuxian threw herself on the couch, one hand covering her eyes. 

"You should calm yourself down first." Xie Lian patted her thigh. "Can you bring her to me? Both of them if possible. I would like to take a look at them myself."

"Right. As if I have them on my speed dial. Jesus, Xie Lian, she was involved in the underground fighting ring in which there were all kinds of monsters and demons. And who knows what else she got involved with, I even saw Meng Airan and Mianmian there, I don't want to arrest her and her brother. Let's just assume it is a brother."

"Okay, so you only saw her? Not her brother?"

"Yes! I fought her and she could match my every movement, and she was really adept with the fucking whip. No wonder Noah got the hots for her. Speaking of Noah, where is he? I thought he's going to help us with the monsters stuff."

"Beats me, maybe you should ask your son." Hua Cheng chuckled. Life was very entertaining with the arrival of Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian and he's going to milk every second of it.

"Speaking of demons, how are you?" Wei Wuxian asked Hua Cheng about his condition, after all this was the first time they met after his recovery.

"I'm peachy. Just enjoying some down time with Dianxia. We'll come tomorrow to the office, don't worry."

"Good, I'll ask Xuanxuan to find Noah. We need to do something about this, if we want to find my children."

"Our children." Lan Wangji squeezed Wei Wuxian's hand. "I will ask around about the fighting ring too, maybe Sebastian can give me some clues."

"I'm going to ask around too." Xie Lian sounded serious. "If they are really Angel Devourers, two of them, we have to save them, whatever it takes. It's too dangerous if someone got their dirty claws to two of the most lethal killing machine in the world. It would be the end of the world as we know it."

"Yes please, I want to know everything about the whorehouse and the fighting ring too. Someone must've been behind all this chaos, planning and luring us here. And if they are really our children, I will do anything in my power to keep them safe."