10

When the ringmaster was informed that the next fight would be the one of Meng Airan against The Morrigan, he shook his head in disbelief. Another stupid bitch who thought they could win against Morrigan. This stupid bitch especially. He didn't know where she came from, but her attitude was really unpleasant and she was really rude toward everyone.

True that this was another illegal life and death fight with no rules, but that didn't mean that she could step on other people freely just because her brother was the accountant. If she only knew how fast they changed accountants, she'd probably restrain herself, although he doubted it. She was too self-absorbed to be able to see that far ahead.

Well, in the end, he was the only one who stayed the longest, and he was also the only one who knew about the twins' identity. It's because he knew when to shut his mouth and his loyalty was unwavered, although it was not toward the twins' father, but more toward the twins themselves. And he had his own reason for doing that.

So, when he announced that the next fight would be the one between Meng Airan against The Morrigan, the usually loud place became quiet in a heartbeat. Ringmaster believed that he could hear every person's thoughts there. Who was stupid enough to challenge The Morrigan in a fight?

There were a few occasion in the past that some newbie with winning streak was stupid enough to challenge The Morrigan, or Neit. And it didn't end well. After a few times, no one of the fighters would even dream of challenging them, knowing that they would sign their own death certificate by doing so. That, if they were nice enough to finish the fight quickly instead of toying with their prey until they were desperate. Just like what The Morrigan loved to do.

Meng Airan proudly entered the ring first, while Morrigan followed behind her. She was confident that people would vouch for her since they knew about her strength and winning streaks, unlike Morrigan who never once stepped foot inside a ring. But when she prepared herself, she was suddenly feeling the ominous pressure from the crowds and she wondered why. So, instead of thinking of useless things, she prepared her weapon, her trusty small but deadly butterfly knife. They forbade the use of firepower, which was the only rule, but Meng Airan had her way of sneaking in a small but equally deadly Ruger SR40c inside her ankle holster and a mini taser in her pocket, a couple of extra insurance where she had to make sure that she would always be the winner no matter what happen. When she glanced at Morrigan, she suddenly became pissed to see that she was talking and joking with the ringmaster, obviously having some kind of relationship, although the ringmaster was an old man dressed like a butler, which was a little bit out of place in this kind of setting.

"Hey, you guys seem a bit chummy, should I be worried that you have a bias toward her? Can you judge fairly?" Meng Airan shouted very loudly for everyone to hear. It's always good to plant a seed of doubt into people's heart, that way it would ensure that the fight would be judged fairly, although it wouldn't be that hard to judge a life or death kind of fight. The winner would be alive and the loser would be dead.

The ringmaster looked at her with a very cold gaze.

"Rest assure, Ms. Meng, I have my professional code here. Besides, this is a life and death match, anyone with eyes can be the judge." It's not like you had a chance to complain after Morrigan was finished with you anyway.

"Yeah, you better be, otherwise I'll kick your ass, old man, after I kick hers." There were a couple of snorts coming out of the watching crowds that encouraged her to act more brazen, although they were actually making fun of her lack of knowledge. Did she even know how highly skilled the old man was? Meng Airan quickly became the laughingstock among the other fighters with her ignorance and snobbishness.

"Are you going to keep chit chatting or are you going to fight? Choose one, I don't have all day to play with you." Morrigan's voice became chilly when she heard this ungrateful pig mocking the ringmaster. This human was definitely worse than the worst monster, and she planned to get rid of her.