Part 24

"So tell me about America" Melissa asked, trying to focus on a subject rather than Daniel's eyes which were focused on her.
"I love it" He replied, "Although its busier than I'd like it" He laughed.
Melissa trembled, hearing Daniel's laugh, seeing his eyes light up when he did. She realised her mind had began to wander to thoughts of her and Daniel together, then she noticed he was still talking.
"Melissa" she heard him say.
"Sorry" she replied.
"So..." he questioned, waiting for an answer from her. Melissa stared at him blanky, obviously missing something when she had tuned him out. Daniel laughed again, "I said, I think you'd like it, New York, the shopping there is great, I'd love to take you" He grinned. Melissa's heart fluttered, it had been doing that a lot lately, she thought maybe Daniel had guessed what she had been thinking about earlier.
Trying not to let Daniel get to her, she replied "Sure I'd love to".
"Its a date" Daniel replied, looking straight at Melissa. She felt her cheeks warm when he looked at her like that, she tried to think of something else to ask him but she couldn't stop thinking about the way he was looking at her, and how much she loved the way he was looking at her. Her mind began to wander through thoughts of the two of them over the past week, how he had touched her back when he guided her into the seat of the car, and how she longed for his touch again, how she craved it. Luckily Daniel spoke first, breaking Melissa's train of thought once again.
"It doesn't beat being back home" He said, "I'm glad i came, I didn't realise how much i missed it here until i arrived".
"Do you think you'll ever move back" Melissa asked.
"For the right...opportunity" he smiled at her, causing Melissa to blush again. Melissa was about to open her mouth before the waitress interupted them,surprising Melissa by bringing them their meals. "but-" Melissa started before Daniel interupted her,
"I thought I'd order for you" Daniel said, "I hope you don't mind", Melissa almost saw a concerned look on his face. Melissa smiled, thinking it was sweet, "thank you" she said to the waitress. She looked at her plate in front of her, Daniel had ordered her the restaurant's special 'lobster mornay' and it looked delicious. Melissa had a huge soft spot for sea food but had never tried lobster before because it was so expensive, she knew Daniel was splashing out on her and she felt special. "Delicious" she smiled at Daniel, "but how did you know I liked seafood".
"I may have had a little help from my sister" he grinned. "bon apetite" he laughed.
The ate their meals, chatting away between bites, Daniel's grin contangious as Melissa couldn't stop smiling. When they finished their meals, the waitress asked if they wanted dessert.
"how about we have dessert at my place" Daniel asked and Melissa gulped. She had heard that before, she knew what dessert meant and she knew Daniel was implying she come back to his house for something else...
"I made cheesecake" he said.
"Okay" Melissa answered, hearing a dfferent tone in his voice, thinking maybe he was serious about the cheesecake.
"I'll get the bill" the waitress smiled.
"put it on my tab" Daniel stopped her.
Melissa looked away, he must come here a lot, she thought, especially if he had a tab. Before Melissa could think further on the subject, Daniel came around to her, pulling out her chair and taking her hand. She couldn't help but smile at him.