Chapter 2

"Park Jihyo, second year film making student. Best friends with Chaeyoung and Dahyun. Target one." Nayeon reads from the little cloud that she's summoned which is currently floating in her dorm.

"Minatozaki Sana. Second year theatre student. Best friends with Tzuyu." Jeongyeon rubs her chin as she eyes the cloud, "How are we going to go about this?"

"The smart way." Nayeon's eyes sparkle.

"Target one is approaching." Jeongyeon adjusts her backpack on her shoulder, brushing shoulders with her boss.

Nayeon looks around the corridor, confirming there aren't many people in sight.

"Target two is right around the corner." Jeongyeon tells her.

"Good." Nayeon puts her backpack down on the floor and hides behind a pillar as Sana and Jihyo walk toward each other.

"What are you doing Cupid 28?" Jeongyeon hisses as Nayeon pulls out a bow and takes aim. "If Head Superior knows, we'd be spending the rest of our eternity doing supervision in hell."

"Calm down." Nayeon silences her, pulling her along with her. "He's got too many cupids to care about, he won't know. Besides, don't you want to get out of this planet as quick as possible?"

Jeongyeon thinks about it for a second.

"Fine, but if we get caught you're taking the blame."

Nayeon moves the bow to a side and fixes Jeongyeon with a pointed glare. "No being in the whole universe, heaven above and hell below posses the power to catch Cupid 28."

A heavy weight falls on their shoulders. Something drags them by their collar and turns them around.

Nayeon lets out a loud scream, startled by the unexpected touch.

Jeongyeon screams because Nayeon's scream pierces her ears.

"What are you kids doing here?" A bald man asks them, hard frown lines permanently etched onto his shining forehead. "It's class hours. Don't let me catch you outside during class hours ever again, is that clear?"

They gulp thickly and scurry away from the scary old man.

"No being in the whole universe-" Jeongyeon begins with a grin as Nayeon sulks to class.

"Don't make me shoot that arrow into your arse." Nayeon warns.

Attempt three.

Nayeon's brow furrows as she leans forward slightly and points her arrow at Jihyo who's walking towards a coffee shop in the university campus.

There's a small line in the same coffee shop where Sana is waiting to get hers.

The timing is just perfect.

She is certain she won't miss this time.

"Are you sure about this?" Joengyeon asks narrowing her eyes at the Cupid. She wants to get out of earth too, but she is not entirely comfortable cheating their way out of their mission either. "Maybe we should try the human way."

Nayeon jerks her head in the direction of her assistant. "We'll never finish our mission in time if we followed these simple minded mortals."

She takes aim again.

Five steps. Four. Three.

Jihyo would join the line right behind Sana and then she'll have to shoot the arrows.

Two.

Nayeon focuses on her target.

One.

"What are you doing?" A girl with short blonde bob asks them looking at her outstretched arm.