Quiet

The silent old house holds the memories of things that I wish naught to, the smallest noises are heard among these floors with the house's weird reverberation. It carries its vibration along with the floors and walls.

So it was the dead of night when I first heard it, the creature wide, slow, heavy steps tromping around the house after dark showing itself to be an unwelcome visitor.

something that would be sinister would lie around the corner and find itself taking my head had i not been so cautious as to ensure that it was nowhere near me by listening to the beat of its steps slow and rhythmic as it hunted in silence, giving nothing to me but my heart and breath as I lay quietly on my bed under the thick comforter that I had thanks to my mother.

although at this moment nothing could comfort me or stop all the racing thoughts that had been going through this thick skull of mine.

A creature, a robber, a bear. coming to Hurt me, Harm me Kill me.

I knew that it was not my mother as she had small dainty steps that had a quick pace, My father with his heavy steps would not be near as slow-paced, he would also be quieter he didn't weigh enough to make the whole house shake as this beast did.

Wait.. the door... It clicked open... My door opened... I feel... eyes.. piercing me from behind, my blood was running cold as I felt the steps come into my room the pitch black view of the room in front of me was enough to send my imagination into a deep end of what beast this may be.

I could feel it growing closer, two steps.. three... four... it....... It was right behind me, I could hear it breathing, so close that my heart nearly stopped as it would lean in and breath heavy long breathes just into my ear.

I would lay feigning my slumber as I waited for it to leave, to stop, to vanish, or to wake up. I prayed that my mother or father would wake me up with the light and cause my fear to vanish, to keep myself from screaming I would bite my lip harshly nearly drawing blood as I awaited, Every second was silent nothing but the breathing and my heartbeat which began to grow louder, the breathing in my ear had begun to leave condensation on the side of my head from how long it had been. Maybe five minutes now, it felt like an hour had gone by in this stalemate with some being that I couldn't see.

I wanted to scream, to beg for help, to cry, to do anything that would possibly scare this creature away but I was frozen, helpless to sit and endure the slowly increasing fear and the wonder of my nightmarish vivid imagination.

"Just go back to sleep, Just forget about it, it isn't real" I told myself But the heat on my ear and nearly my cheek spoke otherwise.

that was all I could think about till I felt my blood run cold as I looked up.

two white beading eyes would be locked on mine. nearly invisible it would be as it stood even at this distance, Only those hollow lifeless eyes would rest about a foot away from my face.

"I knew.... you were awake" it spoke