Chapter Seventeen: Last Night

Zacznij od początku

"Thank you, you two."

"Hey father, since we're all here, I'd like to introduce to you, my soon-to-be girlfriend, Marinette!"

"Soon-to-be girlfriend?"

"Well, uhh, we're aren't sure about it yet. Plus, we don't want the press all over us right now."

"Well-" He abruptly stopped when Nathalie hit him on the back of the head. "Oww, what was that for?"

"Don't ruin this for him. Marinette is an amazing girl."

"I wasn't-"

"You know what, just keep your mouth closed. I'm not in the mood to deal with you. Now let's just enjoy our ice cream."

"Mood swings much?" he uttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Adrien stated.

Both adults turned their heads to the boy who was looking at them curiously. Same was for Marinette. The girl never knew that Gabriel could be like that towards his employees. Or for the usually cold person to be so emotional.

"The two of you are acting differently lately. Is there something big that's happening that the both of you have time to relax? Or is there something you didn't tell us?"

"All I'm going to say is a drunken incident about a month ago." Nathalie murmured. Gabriel blushed and turned his face away from them attempting to hide it. Marinette instantly knew what she meant.

"What do you mean by that?" Adrien said in confusion.

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?!" Marinette bubbled. Nathalie nodded. "Congrats, Miss Nathalie!" She ran over to her and gave her a loose hug.

"What am I missing?" Adrien asked. Marinette shook her head.

"You'll know later, Adrien." Nathalie replied.

"We got drunk when a big client came over. You can take a guess who that was."

"Audrey." both teens replied.

"And I was honestly super stressed out. Found a bottle of vodka... You know what happened next." Gabriel stated.

"He stole my vodka." Nathalie said, unamused.

"Wait, that was yours? It was half empty when I found it!"

"Why do you think it was half empty in the first place?"

"I- you have a point."

"You're the biggest pain in the ass, but I still stick around because I love you."

"Are the two of you dating??" Adrien and Marinette said in usion.

"I guess we are, after I decided to finally move on."

"I'm happy for both of you, but I think I missed a few chapters."

"Continuing the story, I'm pretty sure she came down to the kitchen."

"I came down to get a drink. You already drank most of the remaining bottle. You begged me to have some with you. Last thing I remember was waking up in your bed." Nathalie stated. "I wasn't exactly.. excited to see my boss in the same bed as me."

"You don't have to go that detailed." Adrien uttered.

"Not like you haven't done the same, only without the drinks, pretty boy." Marinette said aloud.

"He did what??" Gabriel choked on his ice cream and faced his son.

"Princess! Why'd you have to mention that in front of my dad!"