21 || Too Far

Começar do início

I pivot my body back towards his and raise an unimpressed brow down at his hand gripping my forearm. "You fear Nico do you not?"

I slowly trail my eyes back up to his, too exhausted to  mask the annoyance I feel.

He merely flares his nostrils and squares his shoulders. I tilt my head to the side, "Since you've deemed me worth something to him, don't you think putting your hands on me would be the least logical thing to do?"

He doesn't budge and I roll my eyes, knowing I'd need to spell it out for him. "Unless you plan on purposefully upsetting him, I suggest you let go-"

His free hand comes out to harsh grip onto my face and when he steps closer, the pungent smell of his body odor wafts into my senses and my head starts to spin. "Shut up before I decide to carve your tongue out with a fucking knife, puttana."

Although I had no idea what he meant by puttana, I knew it was something derogatory and I was far too bothered to simply let it go.

Instead, I take a deep breathe before doing something Wes had taught me my first week in New York.

He called it 'knee 'em in the balls.'

My knee connects with his groin, hard, eliciting a high pitched shriek and I take the opportunity to step back. Clutching ear, at the terrible screech.

"Bruta puttana." He growls, yanking me back against him. I struggle but wince when he takes ahold of my ear and starts to yank me out towards the main room. (Italian| nasty whore.)

I struggle in his hold, trying to kick him but he merely tugs harder until he stops and lets go, pushing me forward.

I catch my footing by bracing my hands on the table before me and it's only when I lift my head and eye the tattooed hand resting on the table that I realize Piggy has brought me to Nicos table.

"His puttana attacked me." Piggy breathes from behind, speaking to the older gentlemen as he nudges me to further prove his point.

The older man across from Nico, slowly looks up, raising a brow as he eyes me before looking to Nico expectantly, waiting for his response.

Nico on the other hand, is too busy lighting a cigarette to respond. I watch anxiously as his cheeks hollow and he tilts his head, cupping the end of the cigarette between his lips to light it.

He worked on his own time and I wondered how well that would go over in a room full of men who didn't seem to like him.

When Nico finally does lift his head, he looks right past me and towards Piggy.

"She attacked you?" He asks, raising a brow. His foot slides across the concrete floor as he leans back in his seat, his already large frame making the booth look too small.

"Yes." Piggy growls.

Nico takes another puff of his cigarette and I realize everyone in the room is now turned to watch him and he doesn't look the least bit affected.

"Say, how big of a pussy do you have to be to let a girl half your size attack you and then come bitching  to me like a 5 year old." Nico muses, his eyes sparkling with mirth the second laughter breaks out across the room. "Do you get off on making a complete fool of yourself, Piggy?"