3.09

Something feels off. Not because of Lando's outlandish theories or because Alora had spent the night in the businessman's bed to escape her own sorrows. Not because she hadn't seen or even heard from Leia since the small banquet feast the night before. Because of something in the air. Something twisted and dark.

As she walks through Cloud City and its off-white walls, Alora finds herself often looking over the vast network of buildings beyond where she stands. For a city to remain as vibrant as this one stuck in the clouds is amazing. On Alderaan, she only ever had a view similar—to look down on the clouds—when she would climb the mountains in winter when the fog was most solid over the city.

The clouds continue to bring her unending warmth. She wishes she could just walk out and fly through them, feel the nothingness on her skin and thrive. But that is not how clouds work, let alone her own human capabilities.

Her own humanness sobers her up, forcing Alora to continue walking towards where Lando had said the Millennium Falcon was being repaired. Though the dual sabers tucked against her back press against her skin, almost burning it, she still cannot think of herself as anything more than human. Even with this ability she should have but has never been able to use effectively, she can't be a Jedi. She is just Alora.

As she turns down a hall, the air turns cool against her skin. Her steps slow as she looks around the empty corridor, each branching door closed tightly. The ship should be just a corner away, but nothing good lies at the end of this hall.

Maybe she should turn back, find Han or Leia and talk to them. Maybe she should shake off the glare Leia had sent her at the feast or even ignore her own pride in favor of working together if only to never see that look of disappointment on her princess' face.

But her own pride may be the death of her as she continues down the hall.

While she doesn't anticipate the beskar steel, she is not surprised when it grabs her.

Alora throws her elbow out, hitting the soft skin of the bounty hunter's shoulder unprotected by the armor, and rips her arm from his grasp. Her freedom only lasts a moment as the hunter kicks his leg out against the back of her knee to regain control, twisting her arm back.

As Alora holds back a whimper, she looks up with a sneer as the hunter's hand grips her hair. "Boba Fett," she rasps, eyeing the concealing helmet. "Been a while."

She can imagine him smiling. "Nice to see you again, High General. You're coming with me." She hates that voice. The voice of thousands from deep in her memory, but she cannot quite place it to a face, or even a helmet.

"I don't think so." Alora throws herself forward, despite Boba's grip on her arm, and shouts as her shoulder pops. She kicks her leg back to topple Boba over as she lunges for his blaster at his side.