1.01

Loraana Windu rarely gets excited when going on new missions. She has never been entranced by new planets and local territory disputes, preferring to stay on-world with her few Padawan friends and her Master, not to mention her brother and the younglings she adores teaching. Truly, there is only one time she ever gets excited when Jedi return from fixing the galaxy: one of those times happens to be now.

She balances on the balls of her feet as she stands beside her Master at the docking bay. As the ship comes into view, she forces the smile from her face as she glances down at her Master who is simply sitting on his wooden staff.

"Calm yourself, Padawan," Master Yoda chides without looking. "Needed this excitement is not."

"Sorry, Master." Loraana levels her bare feet against the concrete. She always trains barefooted so she can feel shifts in the earth from opponents less skilled than her. Though her brother may look down on her unique style of training, Master Yoda adores it. "I apologize. I'm just happy."

Yoda opens one eye to look at her as he chuckles. "Happy?  A mystery it is as to why."

Loraana shrugs and purses her lips as the ship makes contact with the landing platform. She stills herself and schools her expression to neutrality as the ship opens before them. Master Yoda himself drops from his staff to stand beside her with a small smirk on his face.

Two cloaked figures descend from the ship. The moment they make contact with the landing platform, Loraana is tempted to race forward and throw her arms around her dearest friend but restrains herself, instead choosing to watch with her master as they approach.

When he flicks back his hood along with his master, Loraana can't help the small smile that slips onto her face when she meets his excited gaze.

"Master Qui-Gon," Yoda nods.

"Master Yoda. Loraana," Qui-Gon Jinn replies with a respectful nod. "I hear there have been some developments regarding the situation on Naboo?"

Yoda hums his agreement. "Much to discuss we have. Padawan Windu, dismissed for the day you are."

Qui-Gon smiles at Loraana before turning to his own Padawan. "Get some rest. You're going to need it."

Loraana bites her lip as she as Qui-Gon's Padawan make their way together into the temple. The moment they are out of their masters' sight, Loraana throws her arms around her friend with a loud laugh as he spins her around excitedly. "Oh, I've missed you!" Loraana exclaims as she returns to the ground. "It's been too long."

"It's only been a few months," Obi-Wan replies with a chuckle.

"A few—" Loraana smacks his arm playfully. "Don't think I have forgotten, Obi-Wan."