1.07

Some things never change. Despite going to aid her favorite people and despite going to a planet she tends to like, Loraana still hates traveling. It is just something about the flight and the adjustments and the everything that never sits right with her.

As she waits in her fellow Jedi's room, Loraana takes a moment to look around the grand chamber the royal family had granted Obi-Wan and Anakin. Two bedrooms branch out from the main compartments with lavish furniture filling the space from the silken couch to the velvet drapes along the balcony. She knows that though Obi-Wan projects his desire for simplicity, he would appreciate the grandeur of the room.

It is a simple mission, really. The council had sent Obi-Wan ages ago, but the border dispute is going on too long, so they had sent Loraana to speed things up given her affinity for the native tongue and her existing connections with both sides of the conflict. Of course, fighting over a small moon shouldn't excite Loraana, but she does get a free trip to see her favorite people.

It takes them longer to return to their apartments than she expected. The two moons shine from the balcony by the time they trudge in, Loraana lounging on the couch as she knits. The calming movement of her hands stills as she glances up at them. "Fun day?"

Anakin groans and flops onto the couch beside her. At twelve, he has gotten the hang of Jedi life, but he is far from Loraana's or Obi-Wan's mastery over the Force. "So boring," he mutters.

Loraana chuckles as Obi-Wan plods through the room to grab some food, freezing just passed the couch. Her heart thumps against her chest to a different beat when she sees his figure as if he had ignited a new flame to her soul. She can't help the grin that spreads across her lips as he slowly turns around with a hand raised and his mouth hanging open.

Anakin's mind, it seems, catches up with his body a second before Obi-Wan can speak. The Padawan leaps from the couch, his eyes round, as he exclaims, "Loraana! What are you—how are you—why are you—?"

"What, no hug?" She teases as she glances between the boys.

Obi-Wan lets out a loud laugh as she stands. "You're here," he says in astonishment. "Why are you here?"

"The council was getting anxious," she replies. "They know I have a certain rapport with the natives and asked that I join you. I expected them to tell you, but it seems my appearance is a surprise."

Anakin grins as he hugs her from the side, his head nestled against her arm. "Save me from the meetings!" He whispers in her ear. "They're so boring!"

She sends Obi-Wan an amused look as he watches them, a softness twinkling in his eye. "Don't worry. Now that I'm here, we'll get this under control in no time. For the time being, I made you a hat."