1.10

Walking through the Jedi Temple, thoughts of Kamino and his mission plague Obi-Wan's mind. Since reporting back to the Jedi Council, he has discovered many facts that don't seem to make sense to him, and he can think of only one person who could help him sift through the fiction.

He does not expect to see her with the younglings, though it is not a surprise. What stops Obi-Wan in his tracks is the wide smile she has on her face as she instructs her class, her gaze carefully monitoring them. Master Yoda stands by the door to watch and even motions to Obi-Wan to join him.

She looks absolutely radiant. There have been many times in the past that he has had to stop and just stare at her, but he thought he had these feelings under control by now. After so many lectures from his old master along with conversations with others, he knows it is wrong to harbor such feelings for someone else, let alone another Jedi.

Though, he thinks back sometimes to Qui-Gon's own opinions on love in the Jedi Order. In their discussions, he is sure Qui-Gon knew of his forbidden feelings and exactly who they were attached too. His old master used to say that love was complicated and dangerous but beautiful when right. Qui-Gon never specifically dissuaded Obi-Wan's feelings; instead, he only ever felt more confused.

But now, watching Loraa teach with the sun shining from behind, those feelings he thought were long gone only bubble back up.

"Reach out," Loraa says, not having noticed his approach. "Sense the Force around you. You must use your feelings and work together with the Force. You are not its instructor just as it is not yours. You work as a pair. Balanced."

A group of children, probably no older than five, stand before Loraa with their eyes covered and training droids intermittently shooting at them. Obi-Wan fondly remembers this exercise when he and Loraa first learned how to use lightsabers. Loraa was never any good until she had the option to wield two. Only then could she ever best him.

The happy memory must have alerted Loraa as she turns to face him. A smile covers her features, brightening her already peaceful expression. "Younglings!" She claps her hands and the droids float up away from the kids. "We have a few visitors today. Welcome them."

"Hello, Master Obi-Wan," the children say. "Hello, Master Yoda."

"Hello," Obi-Wan replies. "I am sorry to disturb you." Obi-Wan does his best to address Yoda, but he never really came for the old master.

"What can we help you with?" Loraa asks. "Or would you like to whisk Master Yoda away?"

"Nonsense," Yoda waves a hand. "Together, fix Kenobi's problem we shall."

He presses his lips together to avoid outright grinning. "I'm looking for a planet described to me by an old friend. I trust him. But the system doesn't show up on the archive maps."