15

c h a p t e r 1 5 :
r a i n

It had been exactly 6 days since the party and two weeks since I moved to greenpeace.

It was thursday, I had just finished my last class for today. Walking through the crowded hallway I spot Evy leaning against the lockers. She is bumbing with energy and enthusiasm almost jumping onto me.

'You'll never guess who just texted me' she talks so fast and quiet I bearly heard her.

'Owen ?'

At the party she went on and on about how hot he is.

'Better!' she yells-whispers. We walk towards the elevators, waiting. Evy pushes me fruther away from a group of girls, to make sure no one hears.

'So who is it?' now I am curious.

Evy takes a breath, her cheecks are a little red and her eyes are glowing.

'Hayden' I don't dare to say a word, not knowing how to react to that 'I don't know how he got my number-'

'Are they even allowed to have a phone ?' I cut her off, I do not want to hear this at all. Hayden is bad bad news, Evy was the first one to inform me about that and now she is practically jumping with excitement because he texted her. Something tells me he had that effect on every girl.

'No, but there is nothing Hayden Asher can't do' she answers.

'So what did he text you?'

As much as I hate it, the curiousity was eating me from the inside.

'He is inviting us to chill, tonight.'

he did what?

'Hold up' I furrow my eyebrows 'what do you mean us?'

'As in you, Alyssa and I.'

'He invited the three of us ?'

'Yes' she says slowly, eying me with confused eyes 'he said to bring my friends.'

'You and Alyssa should go' I say while we enter the elevator, a few other girls walk in with us 'I don't like him.'

'You don't like him?' her mouth parts as if in shock 'he beat up Jaz for you, remember?'

'That doesn't make him a good person all of a sudden.'

'Who cares, no one hear is a good person' she says while we walking towards her room, she digs into her pockets, grabbing her lockcard to unlock the door 'at least Hayden is hot.'

'I guess.'

'Please come' Evy drops her backpack besides her bed, I sit down in her chair, welcoming the soft dark purple fabric 'Alyssa is going to Jeff's tonight, and you know she'll never call that off.'

I try to ignore her pleading eyes.

'Where are we going ?' I say finally making Evy jump of the bed to hug me.

'You're the absolute best!' she yells 'Hayden told me to meet him at the exit we take to go to the woods.'

This was a bad bad idea, I could feel it. But Evy has been a great friend for me for the last two weeks, I haven't had a friend in a long long time and I couldn't loose her, even if that meant seeing Hayden tonight again.