• 20 •

Smiling Marion stands in front of Ben's house. It's the first time she's ever been here. Normally they always meet up at her place, to avoid the press. Marion can't believe Ben lives here all alone, this place is huge.

"Hey Mari, come in," Ben greets her as he opens the door.

"Happy birthday Benjamin!" she laughs while she presses three kisses on his cheeks. "How does it feel to be 25?"

"The same as yesterday," Ben answers while leading her to his still empty living room.

"No one here yet? Am I too early?" Mari asks.

"No they're just running late," Ben says and takes a seat on the sofa.

"Well then I'll give you my present already." She takes a seat next to him. "It's better that there's no one around for this." She takes a small envelope from her handbag and hands it to Ben.

Curiously Ben opens the envelope. His eyes widen when he sees the content. "Really? So you know what it is?" he exclaims excited.

"No I don't, I asked the gyneacologist to write it down, so please don't tell me or anyone else," Mari tells. "I didn't know what to get you, but I thought you would like this."

"Of course I like this. I'm the first and only one to know it," Ben smiles and pulls Marion in a hug. "Thank you Mari, you're the best."

He looks straight into her gorgeous brown eyes. Ben decides to take a leap of faith and slowly put his lips on hers. No interruptions this time.

At first Marion's a bit taken a back, but then she just lets loose and kisses him back. She's almost immediately reminded of their first night together and why she did what she did that night.

Mari lets her hands wander to his hair. It feels super soft against her fingertips. She really likes it when it's not gelled back with 10 containers of hair gel.

Their kiss is interrupted by the sound of the doorbell and Ben pulls away.

"Best birthday ever," he whispers and Mari smiles shyly. He gives a little peck on her lips and gets up to open the door.

•••

itsamemarion shared a story