I Love You

It had been half a year since you first met Tang. The two of you would spend most of your time at the library in the city centre or at Pigsy's. Either way, you were happy as long as you were with him. You would both ramble on about stars, the Monkey King, random stories he had and anything that was going on in either of your guy's world. MK and Mei really liked talking with you, they said 'it's like talking to a old lady with years of wisdom'. You didn't know weather or not to take it as a compliment or be offended. Sandy would invite you and Tang over for tea, Mo would always curl up in your lap. And Pigsy was glad to have someone else to talk to, who had their 'head screw on right'.

...........................

Night had fell upon the city, but it was anything but quiet. Music, cheers and singing could be heard all about. The waft of sweets, meat and street food hung in the air as it drifted all the way down to the bay, where you resided. It was the New Year, you smiled out at the city of flashing lights and fun. You managed to convince your parents to spend the New Year's with Tang and the others. They were all partying on Sandy's boat, below deck thankfully. You however felt slightly overwhelmed by the lights and wildness of the group. You breathed in the cold air, and smiled. It was perfect up here.

But you came out of your calm state due to some creaking sound. You looked behind you to see Tang slowly come up the stairs, he had a blank face but when his eyes met yours his mood instantly changed. "Y/n. What are you doing up here?" he says as he smiles and walks over to you. "It got too crowded for me" you respond, with a shrug. "Uh huh" Tang says with a nod. A odd silences blows about the two of you. Tang was tapping on the boat's rim and you folded your arms and propped yourself up on the little ledge. A sudden strong wind blew by the two of you, and Tang shivered. "Aren't you cold?" he says as he pulls his scarf over his mouth for warmth.

"Mmm, nooo?" you said unsure. A gust of wind blows by you both again and you shake violently and your teeth chatter, you grasp on the boat's ledge. Tang just gives a sad frown before dashing down the stairs again. You grumbled to yourself, feeling like you had scared him off or concerned him. But suddenly you hear the creaking again and you see Tang wrapped up in a quilt. He draped it over as if it were a long cape, he stumbled and shakes as he tired to reach to you. He lost his balances and falls face first into the hard wood floor. You bit your lip trying not to laugh. You walked over to him and sat down, giving him less of a job to get back up. He gave a warm smile as he pulls you close and warps the both of you up in the quilt. You both snug into one another and stare up into the city.

"Comfy?" you questioned. "Y-yeah" he says with a happy smile. A silence fell upon you two again. But this time, it was reassuring and comforting. "Y/n" Tang mutters softly. You let out a soft hum as you look to him, "U-uh...thank you. Just thank you for everything". "Thank you for what?" you said with a confused smile. "Well it's- I uhh. You're very sweet, you're kind and you have a heart of gold. You are so amazing at everything that you do, I'm almost jealous! A-and I know we don't each other all that much and we both have similar interest, but I really- kinda- maybe...like you more than a friend" Tang says as he stares off into the city, the night sky and lights dancing in his glasses. It illuminated the blush on his cheeks

"S-so, your saying you love me?" you said as you sit up more properly and stare at him. Tang freaks out and reels back. "I-I mean yes! B-but you don't have to say it out of guilt! I-I'm not asking you to say you love me back, i-it's just that I felt-" Tang rambled on and on in a blushing mess. You could here the loud yells and cheers of the people, "10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5!". You looked back at Tang and stared at him, you panicked and pulled him in, "4! 3! 2! 1!". And you suddenly, your lips connected with his. He froze as the people cheered and the fireworks slowly went off. He closed his eyes and melted into it, it was soft and gentle just like him.

You both pull away and stare at one another, you giggle at Tang's shocked expression. You fixed his crooked glasses and held his cheek. He chuckled softly and gave the sweetest smile you've ever seen, "Heh, I-I take it you like me to". "What gave that away?" you joked. You smiled at one another before turning your attention to the booms and the colourful fireworks dancing in the sky. You placed your head on Tang's shoulder and Tang layed his head atop of yours. But you suddenly see a flash and a choir of silent 'aww's'. You both turn over to see Sandy with a camera, Pigsy leaning on him with a proud smirk and Mei and MK happily goggling at the two of you. "Oh! Don't mind us, go back to your lovely view" Sandy says with a wave of his hand. Tang smiled and rolled his eyes and you chuckled. You both look out once more to the fireworks. A New Year means a new you. And the new you is standing right beside your new love.

Monkie Kid X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें