The sun comes out

Start from the beginning

"Would you like to see your baby?" The dr asked.

Brian held Julie's hand,"yes please." They said.

It didn't take long and they were staring at a tv monitor with what they knew had to be the amniotic sac and a little white blur.

The Dr pointed out the sac, and she pointed to the little white blur and she said, "there's your baby."

They could see the tiny little arms and legs. "It actually looks like a baby." Brian said in surprise.

" the Dr said,"you're measuring around 12 weeks and baby looks great."

Julie laid back on the table. "Thank you God." She said in relief.

Brian hugged her and kissed her forehead. "We're going to be parents?"

Then the Dr said, ""listen to this."

Next thing they heard was a melodic swooshing sound." That's your baby's heartbeat. Good and strong." Coming in at around 152 bpm."

They listened in amazement.

Brian wiped a tear away, "thank you so much." Then he wiped the tears from Julie's eyes. "The baby is ok!" Julie nodded.

"You're baby is doing great." The dr said. "Everything was exactly as it should be."

"I can't thank you enough. " Julie said shaking her hand.

"It was my pleasure. Congratulations to you both." Dr said.

They left the office and got back in the car that had been waiting for them.

Julie rested her head on Brian's shoulder and nodded off. She hadn't slept much last night and that on top of the fatigue she'd been dealing with. She was wiped out. Brian let her sleep.

They got back to the hotel and ran into Joe and Bessy in the lobby. Julie ran over to Bessy, "we saw a Dr here in Vegas. She said everything looked great". Julie said pulling out their ultrasound pictures. Bessy hugged her. "Omg Julie, I'm so happy for you."

"It still seems so surreal." Julie said. "I hope reality doesn't hit Brian and scare him off."

Bessy put her arm around Julie's shoulder,"look at him. That is the face of a happy man." "He'll be fine, and he's got Joe to talk to if he gets nervous." "You guys are going to make great parents."

Brian and Joe walked over to them.

"Hey ladies, I hope you didn't forget the guys have a golf outing this afternoon." Joe said.

"That's alright, we're going to lay by the pool. Do a little shopping and meet you handsome golfers for dinner." Bessy said kissing Joe.

Brian looked at Julie,"hey if you want me to stay with you today I have no problem with it."

"Not at all, Bessy's plan sounds fabulous. I feel a lot better after this morning."

Brian kissed Julie and gave her a hug. "Alright but if you need me, you call me and I'll be here in minutes."

"I know that, I love you. Go have fun." Julie reassured him.

"I love you too." He said.

"Take care of my girl. Don't corrupt her to much while I'm gone." He teased Bessy.

"Blah blah blah." Bessy joked.

Brian needed to run upstairs and grab his clubs and change his clothes. Julie decided to walk upstairs with him to change into her tankini. Brian watched her changing, she looked amazing. He knew it was all in his head but he swore he saw the beginning of a baby bump. He wasn't going to tell her that though. As Julie was putting on her top, she had trouble adjusting her breasts in it. She seemed frustrated.