Chapter 15 - Sports festival part II

Start from the beginning

"IT IS SURE TO BE AN ELECTRIC FIGHT."

"Bring it on, princess."

"AND BEGIN!"

Like I anticipated, he immediately shot out a huge burst of electricity. He kept using his quirk a little bit even after he stopped aiming for me in an attempt to keep me away from him. And this is why I haven't shown my classmates much about my other quirk.

Cause he certainly wasn't expecting me to run up to him and grab onto his arms with no problem.

"Wh- how?"

"Did you really think a little electricity was going to stop me?" I asked and shocked him lightly. His eyes went wide open.

I smirked and ran towards the edge before throwing him out. It went too fast for him to even understand that the fight was over.

"KAMINARI IS OUT OF BOUNDS, MIKIO ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!"

The crowd cheered and I went ahead to lend the blonde a hand. I gave him a gentle smile when
he pouted.

"Come on, princess. Let's get you to the stands." I said and almost carried him to the rest of the class.

After Iida's fight

"That. Was. The. greatest thing I've ever seen." Mina said.

"It's my new favourite show." my eyes wide open because of what just happened.

"Mina, what are you still doing here? You're up next!" Tsu pointed out.

"Oh, shit."

- - -

"LET THE QUARTER FINALS BEGIN! IN THIS MATCH, IT'S TWO VERY STRONG KIDS FROM CLASS 1A. SHOTO TODOROKI AND IZUKU MIDORIYA!"

Everyone, even Katsuki, was on their toes watching them fight. Izuku was sacrificing his fingers one by one and Todoroki refused to listen to what he was saying about his fire.

Fuck that excuse of a father, reason he created him? Who says stuff like that? Poor Shoto.

It was clear that he was neglecting his power. And it's not like it's something you ask about either, but I wish I could help him somehow. Ease his pain.

"What do you think, Katsuki?" I asked quietly.

"I don't like Endeavour." he kept his eyes fixated on the match.

"Me neither."

I headed down to the waiting room after the fight since I was next up. But just to my luck, I slammed the door open on Todoroki.

"SHIT. I'M SO SORRY!"

I helped him up and noticed that his eyes were a little red. Has he been crying? Now I want to hug him...

"I keep running into you, huh?" I smiled slightly. He kept quiet.

"Todoroki... I don't know what you've been through, or why you neglect your left side. But really, take Izukus words to heart. It's your quirk." how can I help you?

He brushed his jacket off and looked me straight in the eyes. I expected him to walk away but he didn't, just stayed silent and looked at me. Like he was trying to read me.

"I'm sure Endeavour was a pain growing up-"

"A pain? He is the reason my mother is in the hospital! The reason she gave me this fucking scar!" he yelled.

"You have NO idea what that man has done to our family." it was unusual to see Todoroki lose his cool like this. His left side was starting to burn up, literal flames coming out of his already torn shirt.

"Todoroki." I said sternly.

"NO! I don't want to hear-" and then he shut up following my usage of the brainwashing quirk.

"You are going to calm down and listen to what I have to say." I began to copy his quirk and put my right hand on his chest, cooling him down.

"Like I said, I don't know anything about your upbringing. But I get that you're angry, I really do, Shoto." I put my ice cold hand on his cheek while he stood there under my control. That's right... relax...

"It's okay if you want to cry, you know..." I said very quietly.

He then closed his eyes and tears started streaming down his face. I let go of the brainwash quirk and he swayed forward, but I caught him in my arms and held him tightly. I sighed before speaking.

"It doesn't matter where your quirk came from. If it was your mothers, your fathers. It's not theirs at the end of the day." I slowly pulled away from him and gave him a slight smile while he refused to look me in the eyes.

"...And though it can be a bit foreign, believe me I would know, it'll be so worth it. I've studied you for the past month while training, it's an awesome quirk." I put both my hands on his face and heated one side while cooling the other, he seemed to relax as I did so.

"Studied me?" he mumbled.

"You're a smart guy so..." I gave him a smile. He smiled slightly back while finally looking back at me, his eyes red and glossy. "And you knew my secret second quirk. Couldn't let you have that much." I swear there was a little chuckle.

"...Please don't worry so much, it'll be just fine. And if not, I'll erase that quirk of yours with Aizawas or something." I joked. He nodded and the signal for me to go just went off.

"W-wait!" he grabbed my wrist, stopping me from leaving.

"Hm?"

"Why are you being so nice to me? I yelled at you and-"

"We all have our bad days. God knows I'll be yelling at you someday too." I giggled and he seemed so clueless. Cute.

"I'll see you at the semi-finals, Todoroki."

"O-okay... see you."

~~~

I wanna write you a song When I try to
One as beautiful                 make it make sense
as you are sweet in my mind
just a hint of pain the only conclusion
for the feeling    I come to
that I get is that heaven
when you are gone was needing a hero
like you

- K. Jirou - I. Midoriya

~~~