Chapter 2 - Entrance exams

"Zella! Hurry up, we can't be late to this!"

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming!"

I kissed my mom goodbye and playfully punched my ash blonde friend in his arm.

"Hey! I'm just making sure we're not late, idiot."

"I heard you the first time, you didn't have to keep yelling!"

He rolled his eyes and opened the door for me. On the other side, was our friend Hitoshi leaning over the stair railings.

"Took you long enough." he said and began to walk.

The three of us walked together to U.A high school to take our entrance exams. All three of us have prepared the whole summer, so this meant a lot.

Cause today, we are following our dreams of becoming pro heroes!

I was pretty confident in my quirk, but still very nervous. They don't let just anyone into this school, I even applied for general studies too in case I couldn't get in on the hero course.

"You nervous?" Hitoshi asked at my pale figure.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"It's gonna be fine. If your lightning isn't good enough for the exam, you can always copy my brainwashing." he smiled and playfully pushed me.

"How are you holding up then, Katsuki?" he asked.

"I'm fine."

"Even after that monster attacked you? I would've been traumatised." I whined.

"Whatever. Can't become a pro if I can't even handle that."

"It's too bad Izuku doesn't have a quirk, he would've been a great one. Hope he applies for the support course." I said and sighed.

- - -

We had arrived to the prestigious U.A high school grounds. The big glass building reflecting the sunlight onto us made it all feel way too real.

I am going to become the best hero the worlds ever seen, no matter what happens today.

Hitoshi and I sat next to each other in this huge auditorium, Katsuki was a few rows down. I was surrounded by my strong peers, I needed to give my all to get into the school. A voice was heard and we got an introduction. Afterwards, we were sent to different classrooms to take the written exams.

I was not too confident I did well on it. At least not enough to get me into the school. But honestly, I had been training the entire summer for the physical test so I didn't care right now.

I met with the guys and talked about the test with them. Hitoshi gave his all on it since he was prepared that his quirk might not be best suited for the physical test. We had an hour to collect our things and go to the facility to take the entrance exam. Luckily, we were all taking it at the same time.

"Meet us after you've changed so we can walk in together." Katsuki said to me as we parted ways to go to the locker rooms.

Some of the girls were talking to each other and I looked around to find a place to change. I scanned the room and found a spot at the far end. It was next to a short, brown haired girl with pink cheeks.

I looked at her and gave a small smile. She returned it and moved her bag a bit to give me space. Trying to make small talk, she spoke up.

"How are you feeling about the exam? I'm super nervous."

"Tell me about it. Everyone looks so strong, but we'll just have to be better."

"I couldn't agree more. I'm Ochaco Uraraka." she held her hand out for me to take. I gave her a bright smile.

"My name's Zella Mikio. Nice to meet you, Uraraka."

"You too, Mikio."

The bell rang and it was time for us to go. This was it. I've only got one shot at this, better make it count.

I found the guys on the way there and we headed to the start line together. I'm lucky that we've just gotta beat up some robots, not a problem for me. It's just that sometimes I have a tendency to worry about what others do more than what I can do myself. Then I get distracted and there wont be any robots for me to smash.

But I gotta shake those thoughts off and focus. We all have the same goal, now it was time to show our determination.

The signal for us to start went off and everyone ran inside. We found ourselves in a big facility with buildings, streets and everything. Amazing for training for the real thing. I only expected the best from this school but I have to say that I'm very impressed.

"Good luck! I'll find you when it's over, okay?" Hitoshi gave me a determined smile and we went our separate ways. Katsuki was in game mode long before the signal went off.

I copied both of their quirks in case I needed them before I went in.

Time to go beat the shit out of some robots.

I ran down a street and came face to face with a medium robot. I smirked and activated my quirk.

I put my hands on the ground, using it to guide the lightning from my body to the robot, instantly frying it.

"Alright!"

But I can't stop here. I went ahead to fight a few more robots and the rest of the exam went by pretty smoothly for me. I tried my best to not focus on what others were doing but I can't lie and say that I wasn't intrigued by their different quirks. I saw a guy that literally turned to metal, a pink girl throwing acid and melting the robots and a guy with glasses just zooming past me.

All of these people were giving it their all. Which means that I'll have to try even harder.

As I turned my head around to run, a sudden, loud explosion was heard. I ran to that direction and saw someone falling from the sky after they seemingly just punched that huge robot. The robot was falling down and I looked to the direction it was falling, only to see Hitoshi right under it.

Come on, Zella. Save him.

I activated my quirk as it emitted all over my body. I went into a crouch start stance and took a deep breath before I jolted away running the fastest I've ever done in my entire life.

I grabbed Hitoshi by his waist and out ran the falling robot, making it out just in time. I threw myself on the ground and tried to catch my breath.

Yeah, it's definitively not something I can do every day at this stage.

Hitoshi laid on his back right beside me and covered his face with his hands.

"You're crazy." he laughed.

I turned to face him, only for him to laugh even more at my exhausted expression. I couldn't help but laugh too and just hugged him.

"But not as crazy as someone waiting for a robot to hit them."

"Sorry I don't have a quirk that makes me run like that, and I didn't know you had that either?" he pulled away from the hug and smiled at me.

"Did you copy someones speed or what?" he joked.

"No, I'll have you know that I've trained a lot this summer." I stuck my tounge out jokingly as we helped each other up.

I dusted myself off and rolled my neck. He tapped my shoulder and pointed to the big timer.

1 minute left.

"I'll be rooting for you from another class. Go beat some more robots up." he gave me a bright smile and held his fist out.

I gave him a fist bump and ran off to get as many points as I could.