37- I Will Write You Notes

Start from the beginning

Aurora currently found herself situated in the school's music room, which was abandoned for the time being. The room was located near the Ravenclaw Tower on the east side of the castle, and Rory was seeking out a quiet place to read her French book of poems in undisturbed peace. Diary-Tom had suggested that the witch learn a language, so she trusted his judgement.

In all reality, it was because she had the extra downtime with Frankie being ill and not spending time with the cult of A's as often— Rory knew that if diary-Tom ever eavesdropped on any of her and Arcturus' conversations, the prefect would be left greatly disturbed. Her eyes were squinted together in concentration, with her Slytherin scarf wrapped tightly around her neck and chin.

"Je te laisorrai des mots," Aurora mumbled intently to herself, tucking a few stray pieces of hair behind her ear in hopes that the pesky white strands would stop gravitating toward her face.

"Mots is pronounced like 'mo' not 'mawts.'" Diary-Tom's posh voice quipped from a few feet to her left. He was currently immersed in Riddle's Book for the hundredth time, apparently fascinated by his own words. Aurora figured the prefect should win some sort of award for this level of narcissism, it was truly unmatched.

Aurora rolled her mismatched eyes in annoyance, translating the sentence into 'I will write you notes.' Before she read the next part of the poem, the witty girl was quick to respond. "I will take your slander mo longer. There's mo way that I can listen to the sound of your voice for another second."

He scoffed. "You're one to talk. The amount of times I hear you reading out loud makes me want to throw myself off the Astronomy Tower," he deadpanned irritatedly.

"Be sure to do a flip," she snarked sarcastically. "Besides, what good is being able to read French if I can't actually pronounce it?"

Tom opened his mouth to reply, until they were both cut off by a third voice.

"That sounds like reasonable logic to me," Tom-two announced after stepping into the room out of nowhere.

Aurora jumped, spooked by his sudden entrance. She shot a look to diary-Tom, a mix between a glare for not doing his job as a lookout and a laugh from his living self agreeing with her words.

She bit back a smile, giving Tom-two her full attention. "You scared the daylights out of me, Tom."

The wizard sat down on the piano bench and shrugged. "I apologize," he said woefully, not looking sorry at all.

Rory stood up and dusted off her trousers, walking over to the prefect. From behind her, diary-Tom hissed to her in parseltounge. "Be wary, he clearly waited to seek you out when you were alone."

She shot her invisible pal a thumbs up behind her back before jumping onto the grand piano, sitting with her legs hanging off the side. "It's cool," she reassured as if she believed him. "Whatcha need?"

Tom quirked a sharp eyebrow and removed the cover from the piano keys. "Who said I need anything?" He asked wittily, "perhaps I just fancied some time with an instrument, not everything is about you, dear."

He stretched his hands out before pressing on random keys, while Rory narrowed her eyes at him. The witch morphed her face into showing confusion. "You mean to say that this isn't my world and you're just living in it?" she asked with mock-fear, as if this was some new revelation.