8- Voldy is a Cool Guy

Dedicating this chapter to @zV3nera

Tom and Aurora were currently sitting on the floor of the Astronomy tower, playing chess

Tom and Aurora were currently sitting on the floor of the Astronomy tower, playing chess. She'd have to move the chess pieces for him, of course, and was losing terribly. The young witch was bundled up in three different coats and a beanie on her head from the cold, while Tom was in his Slytherin Hogwarts uniform— the same thing he'd been wearing since the first time she met him. It was the day before break, and she was planning on staying at Hogwarts for obvious reasons.

"Knight to B4," Tom said, smirking.

She rolled her eyes as he took out one of her rooks, a sour look on her face.

"Hah! Rook to H3," she said smugly.

His smirk only widened as he smoothly replied, "Knight to A2."

She gasped dramatically and cried, "Oh that's checkmate, damnit! You must think you're so smart don't you? One day I'm going to beat you and wipe that smug smile off your face, you littl—"

"Aurora?"

Aurora shot an extremely embarrassed look at Tom before she whirled around, only to see Harry and Ron.

"Oh- hey guys, you scared me. What's up?"

Harry and Ron looked at each other before Ron asked, "Uh, Rory, who were you just talking to?"

Shit. She put a whimsical smile on her face and replied, "Oh, just myself. I find that it really helps my acting skills. I want to be an actress, did you know?"

Ron snickered while Harry shifted uncomfortably, and said, "That's really— well, that's certainly... Anyways," he continued, "we have a question."

"They think you're mad," Tom said amusedly, "Poor Aurora's gone 'round the bend..." Oh how she wanted to stomp on his foot.

"Ask away then. Where's your little friend?" She asked indifferently.

Suddenly, Hermione strutted through the Entrance of the tower looking quite flustered.

"Right here," she said with a pink face and chin held up defiantly. Aurora raised her eyebrow at the dramatics of it all.

"That's a bit creepy," She turned to Harry and Ron again, "The question?"

Harry looked extremely uncomfortable while Ron was trying to hold in his laughter at the confrontation. Harry said, "Er... we were just wondering, D'you... D'you know who Nicholas Flamel is?"

She snorted. "I'm not even going to ask why your asking about that old fart. I've met him, why?"

Ron looked baffled as he exclaimed, "You've met him? You've actually met him? I told you she was the right person to ask, she bloody knows everything!"