2- Lucius' Flower Crown

***

***

Narcissa Malfoy always wanted a daughter. The woman would never admit it out loud, but when Draco was born, she was disappointed. Not because of him, of course, but she knew that Lucius had an heir now, and he would not want another child. He got what he needed, in a sense.

Narcissa grew up in the company of her other two sisters, Andromeda— the blood-traitor, and Bellatrix—the convict. Thinking of her sisters always tended to make her heart clench painfully, the type of pain that could only be evoked by family. Her sisters were her best friends, and it seemed that Cissy was the only one who fulfilled the destiny that her parents planned out.

Turns out, her destiny wasn't all that fulfilling.

At Hogwarts, when an individual saw of one of the Black sister's, the other two would never be too far behind. Bella, the oldest of the trio, was always the mature one with the most ambition. She would always fight with their parents the most, almost always resulting in some sort of screaming match. Bellatrix would cry and scream and push everyone away, because she wanted something more than what their parents approved of.

The oldest sister, also the most striking woman of the Black family, did not wanted to be married. "We must find you a suitable man," their father Cygnus would say, "It's the only way to maintain the honor and nobility of the Black family name, Bella."

Her sister always set off after hearing multiple versions of that sentence. Bella had ambitions, yes, but she also had a mighty temper. "And what if I want to bring honor to the Black family name myself? Why should I need a man to do it for me?!"

At the time, Narcissa would cringe away from such an outlandish idea. She was taught with the traditional beliefs that men should do all the work, and the wife should stand by her husbands side, sticking with him through each decision. Now, however, she was not so blindingly ignorant.

Andromeda, on the other hand, was the exact opposite of their eldest sister. As the youngest, Narcissa and Bellatrix viewed her as the most fragile. Andy was the soft hearted, kind, and gentle sister. Her soft brown hair would dance each time she moved, and she loved to spend time outside with the flowers. Their parents always reprimanded Andromeda to get her head out of the clouds.

Narcissa lost contact with Andy almost directly after Hogwarts. As fate should have it, Andromeda was not just the soft spoken, gentle girl that her sisters believed her to be. The girls used to share everything with one another. Once upon a time, secrets were nonexistent between them. Andromeda had them all fooled.

Both of Narcissa's sisters wanted more than they had. For Bella, it was glory. For Andromeda, it was love. All that Narcissa wanted was her family back. She heavily depended on them for everything, including her happiness, to the point that when they were gone, she felt as if a piece of her was gone also.