13- Meeting a Boiled Egg

***

***

This is a long chapter.

Also, TW: TORTURE and honestly the header photo is enough to send anyone running away screaming but if we all simpin for Tom then we gotta deal with the whole package🤪

***

Aurora Ariana Malfoy,

I believe it is time we talked. Hopefully you do not remain angry with me after our last encounter. I do sincerely apologize for my part in upsetting you. We also need to move on in our lessons with your power, as I can sense your magic festering within you. Kindly meet me in my office tonight at eight pm.

Hope to see you soon,

Albus Dumbledore

Tom and Aurora snorted at the same time.

Tom, who had been reading the letter leaning over her left shoulder, sarcastically commented, "Yeah, right," in her ear.

Aurora, who had just cast a incendio to the absolute crock of shit that Dumbledore called a letter, "Like hell," she all but cackled, "He won't even be here tonight anyways. Quirrell is sending the fake ministry letter in  an hour and it's only six fifteen. Shall I tell him 'Sincerest apologies Headmaster Dumbledore, unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight seeing as I'm going to be quite busy with other extracurricular activities. You see, I'm assisting one of your staff members, who struggles with extensive anger-issues for some extra credit. We'll be fairly occupied in helping him to bring your worst enemy, Voldemort, back to power—against my will, of course.' I think that would go over well, don't you think?"

She turned around so that she was facing Tom while he looked deep in thought for a moment before saying, "Voldemort isn't his mortal enemy, not in my opinion. I personally think that old man is no match for the Dark Lord. No, back in my time, it was Grindelwald who was his worst enemy. They had a... 'legendary' duel and everything. Voldemort is too powerful to have any reputable equal matches to dare go against him."

Aurora wanted to marvel at the fact that he'd completely disregarded her manic rant, but then figured he must be used to it.

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows. "Grindelwald?" Why did that name sound so... familiar to her? It was like he was someone famous that she should definitely already know about, but couldn't place her finger on just who exactly he was.

Tom sighed loudly as he walked over and sat down on the black leather couch on his side of the room, her following in his steed. While she stared up at the handsome prefect expectantly, Tom only rolled his coffee-colored eyes and leaned back into the couch further— his arms resting behind his head comfortably.