22- I'm as Serious as the Mass-Murderer

***

***

I ain't even gonna lie— this is a long ass chapter

***

Rory found that Hogwarts in 1942 wasn't all that different from her previous encounter. Sure, the students faces weren't the same, but besides that, everything else was exactly as she'd left it in 1992. Aurora was particularly fond of the portraits lining the halls. To her, they were like familiar faces, which was rare feat these days. Nonetheless, she would always greet the individual paintings if they waved at her.

Secretly, the witch was quite surprised by her first day back as an official Hogwarts student. At first, Aurora had been worried that the memories of Draco, Ron, and Harry would constantly be gnawing at her brain. And while she did start tearing up when Abraxas said 'bless you' when she sneezed in Charms, she found that the grief part wasn't all that bad.

... she was surely going to hell for that one.

In her defense, it was nearly impossible to be sad while in Hogwarts! Being secluded for two years with not one, but two sassy orphans did a number on her! Between Francis Day and Tom Riddle, Aurora was surprised she hadn't gone insane and started hearing voices... Again.

Besides, someone had to be perfect friend between the three of them, and while she did uphold that duty swimmingly, Rory didn't mind the idea of a small break.

Also, there was also the fact that Hogwarts was just so magical. As an older and wiser woman, Rory could see the distinct differences between Hogwarts in Tom's mind-scape, and the real deal. His Hogwarts was empty, and sort of chilly. She couldn't really go into the classrooms or anything in diary-Tom's' Hogwarts either, because that's where he organized each of his memories.

The real Hogwarts, no offense to the Tiddle bloke, was way cooler. She'd forgotten how lively the campus looked each day. It was full of flying notes, random toads hopping over your foot, and melodramatic relationship drama with the 7th years. This Hogwarts had Peeves The Poltergeist, who Aurora completely forgot about— the pesky git sure made her remember, though, when he dropped a bag of fleas on her and Frankie's head as they were walking back from Herbology.

The classes, on the other hand, were not nearly as exciting as her first year.

Magical awesomeness aside, the rest of Rory's first day was sort of a bore, as much as she hated to think it. She spent Herbology with Frankie in hushed whispers. She told him about her and Tom's duel, and for the rest of class they would snicker and joke around, which was nice. Charms, which she had with the Gryffindor's, was completely lame. Aurora was so used to the Slytherins and Gryffindors always being at each other's throats, she was quite shocked when she saw how cordial everyone was being.