AI (388 words)

—Proceed Mission—

The suit continued its inhuman gait through the battle razed field. Never would a human walk in such a coordinated way as projectiles spun past imploding on impact in blinding flashes of white fire. Bodies coated the ground, then being covered by ash as it fell from the orange adorned sky. Two suns hung low above, shining through the smoke emitting from the planets surface. The bot continued on towards the unseen enemy.

—Activate—

A flickering green light appeared on the half destroyed arm of the electronic arm. Spanning from the sparking end of the ripped off fingers to where a human elbow would be, it ballooned outwards two inches from the metal. Rapidly growing into what appeared to be a weapon of sorts. Much like a green, see through sword that attached to the bot's arm. Twice it flickered, before fizzling out. It tried to rise again but was knocked back by a spray of shrapnel from a blast of nearby white light. Deflected from above with devastating results on the battle below. It knelt like it was praying, it's arms limp at it's sides. Blood dripped out of the cracked visor from the corpse of its terminated pilot.

—System Fail System Fail—

The robotic voice could barely be heard over the roar of what seemed to be unending carnage. It had no comprehension. Only complete mission. The body armor attempted to stand but the knees got knocked out by another nearby explosion. The ground jerked up and the legs moved against the sky, as if running towards across the sky towards the distant air battle.

—System Fail System Fail—

The robotic unfeeling voice kept at it's only job. Alerting it's dead passenger of it's failure. The bot slowly ran out of power, the animatronic shell laying on the burnt ground of some distant planet, eliminated. Among the rest of its fellows as flames rained from the sky. It's seeing but not visible eyes facing the two round orbs of the sky. The airships in the distant atmosphere firing streaks of light through minuscule ports towards each other. A light show worthy of gods. Never would the robot feel the pain that it's human counter part had once felt as she had died. All it felt as it died was many shock waves reverberating through the ground it lay on.

—System Shut Down—