Scars

ALEX.

She laid on the sunbathing chair in her mansion's yard and waited for Sirius to arrive. Last sunlight of the day painted sky in a warm pink tone, it was perfect and warm June's evening. Alex had light blue, lightweight denim sundress and Chuck Taylors on. She felt comfortable and most important in peace with herself.

Alex closed her eyes and enjoyed this moment – there was no drama in her life, just peace and love. She didn't need anything more, because she was happy. She smiled and cheerfully sighed.

"Hello, my love," she heard Sirius arriving, Alex opened her eyes and watched how he walked to her. Oh, what a sight! He sat down behind her back, and now she could lean fully against his chest.

"Hi," she greeted, while Sirius was kissing her neck. "Where were you so long?" she asked.

"Sorry," he said in her neck, "Potters wanted to chat."

"It's fine," Alex said smiling, getting more comfortable against Sirius's chest, he hugged her around the waist.

Alex closed her eyes once again, she just enjoyed this feeling when Sirius's hands was around her and she felt safe. It seemed like nothing could go wrong.

They sat like this for a long time, Alex looked over the calm sea that was so beautiful tonight, and this was an amazing evening.

"Alex," Sirius quietly spoke by her ear, "what would you say if we get married?"

Alex felt how her body stopped breathing, her eyes widened; she could not believe what Sirius had just said. After a while, she started to breathe again and pulled all her strength together to say something.

"What do you mean?" that was a stupid question, but it was the best she could come up with.

"I want for you to be my wife," Sirius said still holding her in his embrace.

Alex sat up straight and turned to Sirius. Sirius was all business; he had really meant it. Alex lightly touched her lips with her fingers; she still was way too shocked to say something.

"What do you say?" Sirius asked hopefully and took out of his pocket a little black leather box. He opened it, there on a dark red velvet laid two beautiful black onyx stone rings.

Sirius had bought them wedding rings; he did not even bothered for engagement ring. If she thought for a moment about it, Alex even did not wanted and engagement ring, she had never liked those; they were too shiny and redundant. And Sirius had found perfect wedding rings. Alex just could not believe it.

"I..." she started to speak, but could not say anything more. Alex felt like her body had forgotten how to breathe again, her head started to spin.

"I love you more than anything in this world," Sirius spoke looking at Alex. "I realized that I cannot live without you, I just don't want it, I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Alex looked up from the rings and looked into Sirius's dashing grey eyes; they were full of warmth and love. Alex realized that she had inhaled with almost a pain in her chest.

"I want to be with you every minute in every day, forever," Sirius took out one of the rings from the box and reached out for Alex's hand. "I want to build a family with you, because you are the one and only. I couldn't even imagine that one day I would love someone as much as I love you, and now I cannot live without this."

Alex could not realize why her mind wouldn't cooperate with her body, Alex wanted to say something, but her mouth refused to form the words.

"I can imagine you barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen making dinner for a bunch of kids," Sirius's voice was so sweet and true.