I glance back to see what Synn was up to but what I see surprises me. Synn was following me back into the house which I didn't expect him to. I didn't need him following me. I wanted him to wait while I go inside but he was trailing after me. He stops on his feet, looking at me profoundly.

"Why are you following me?" I question his action. He quirks his eyebrow at me like I'm crazy for asking such a question.

"Can't I go into my own home?" He inquires. I blush at my own foolish question. Of course you silly girl, it's his house.

I turn back on my feet and continue walking back into the warm house. I was immediately welcome with the flourish scent of coconut fragrance.

"You need to stop stopping on the way." I hear Synn's voice close to my neck. His breath fans my exposed neck making me flush red.

I make way for him to pass through while I wait at the entrance.

"Geletino!!" I hear his dark deep voice call out. It's been a long time since I saw the old chef since the day of the accident. I can barely recognize his face when he walks into the sitting room with a cup of coffee on the white saucer.

He puts the cup of coffee on the dining table and scurries off in long haste. I almost feel pity for him remembering the tragic story of the incident. Seeing him walk into the kitchen makes me feel more ashamed of myself than I was the day he got punished because of my clumsiness.

I push the guilty mind of my head taking a step further into the sitting room. This house was soon going to be the end of me with the boredom that followed.

From the side view of my eyes, I see Abriana walk nervously into the room and head to the dining space. I continue watching her seeing what was going to happen next.

Abriana sits on one of the chairs placed in the dining room, close to Synn. I see her shake loose on her spot making me question why she was there with Synn in the first place. Synn takes his eyes off me and diverts his eyes to Abriana.

"What do you want?" He asks her dryly. She clears her throat to start talking but Synn interrupted.

"And no I'm not letting you go see her." He groans. I couldn't hear what they were arguing about but Synn looked heated. His cold eyes could kill anyone on their spot.

"Please Master. I promise to come back after two days." I hear her soft voice beg but Synn wasn't having it. He stands up and storms out of the room.

∆∆∆

The day went on so quickly with me sitting down on the couch and munching on junk foods. I hadn't seen Synn since the conversation between Abriana and him. Abriana too has been in the quarters getting some stuff done. I was going to ask her on the subject.

It is was November 25th, five days to another new month. It was something people would be happy about knowing that a new month was approaching which meant something new was also approaching. It was simply like this. Whenever a new month gets near, people have this energy in them. They feel like it's a second chance for them to be restored so something should be tried. It also felt like you were being re-born and everything around you feels new. But I know too well that there was nothing new about a new month. It only made me conscious that the year was ending and I had spent all my month away from my family in the chaos.

Nothing about a new month baffled me or made me excited like Anna was. She had something to be happy about but I had none. Either way, I was spending my new month here while she was going on a break or maybe do something exciting like going out of the house. A part of me wanted that freedom. Freedom to go out whenever I like and not just lay inside like a bag of potatoes. I was sixteen for crying out loud. Synn doesn't trust me enough only because he fears I'm going to escape and leave him. But he shouldn't because I also know well that he's just going to bring me back and sit me down in the house.

Just five days until a new month which was going to be December. A time of Christmas; a new celebration everyone was going to be happy about. I knew from now that it was going to start snowing which was why the weather was turning cold little by little. Only what was left was to wake up and be met by snowflakes.

How ironic was a devil going to be celebrating Christmas? It was a very image to laugh about. The only thing I could think of what my family. They are the only thing I grew up loving. They grew with me right from when I was a tiny toddler. My family was sadly just my mom. She was only what I could call family even if it wasn't just. Does she miss me? Does she cry as I do remembering me? Does she look out the window hoping to see me again? Unfortunately, no one could answer the question.

I grab the bag of chips laying on my lap as I tear it open. It was always the same routine. Wake up. Bath and brush teeth. Eat. Sleep. Go to the library. It was like my life was programmed. I was getting tired of living in such a way. I wanted freedom even if it wasn't away from Synn.

I wanted to explore the bright beautiful city of New York. I wanted to know how the beach looks like and to feel the sands under my naked feet. I also wanted someone to teach me how to ride a bicycle and taste the pink fluffy sweetness of cotton candy.

It was all good surrounding me. If only I could reach it.

Okay.

I know hanging you guys on a cliffhanger wasn't the best idea because I was really into the story and emotion of Linda. She really does feel lonely.

Rate this book from the scale of 1-10🥰