40 ❁ airports and goodbyes

TWO MONTHS LATER - AIRPORT

Saying goodbyes to Taehyung was truly awful, and Jeongguk had been dreading saying it all month. Every time they got closer to the time Jeongguk felt a nausea just crashing and crashing his stomach.

Every time he'd have endless conversations with Taehyung at night cuddling into his arms, laughing with him until their stomachs couldn't take it anymore. Jeongguk and Taehyung were obsessed with each other and neither of them wouldn't of had it any other way.

<3

I mean one time, Jeongguk was half awake, Taehyung thought Jeongguk was sleeping and so the older had checked Jeongguk's heartbeat.

Jeongguk confusedly sat up from the bed and noticed Taehyung had the calculator app on his phone. "Tae... can I ask what you are doing?" Jeongguk asked half-awake. "Uhh, I couldn't sleep so I counted how many times your heart beats every twenty seconds and I'm gonna times it by three." Taehyung explained ever so casually, but as he sounded it out, he couldn't help but feel like a psycho. "Tae you are so fucking weird, its two am?" Jeongguk snorted as Taehyung giggled lightly before cuddling back into Jeongguk's arms. "So?" Jeongguk asked. "Hm?" Taehyung mumured as he nuzzled in Jeongguk's neck. "What we're the results."

"Oh your heartbeats 66 times every minute Jeongguk." Taehyung said.

<3

Taehyung's boxy smile filled his heart, he looked in his eyes so adoringly everyday, and it all just made it worse. Worse that he won't have these moments in person for a while. And no one knew how long that while would last.

It's funny how they came from hating each other's guts to not knowing what to do without each other. Jeongguk didn't know what he was gonna do without him.

They were all there to send Taehyung off at the airport. His aunt, Hwasa, Jimin and Yoongi. They all stood around him, giving him good luck gifts, hugs, saying comforting words and telling him to make them proud. And he was, he'd make it his mission if he had to.

But after Taehyung hugged Yoongi and Jimin tightly in his arms and they let out sweet chuckles, going through all the memories they had together, all that was left was his Jeongguk.

And as he looked at Jeongguk, his eyes suddenly brimmed with tears when the doe-eye boy gave a small smile to him. "Hey, don't cry." Jeongguk said in a brittle voice, however he was on the urge of crying too when Taehyung approached him.

Taehyung's eyes were overwhelmed with floods of tears as he fell into Jeongguk's arm. Jeongguk hugged him tightly, his face buried in the crook of Taehyung's neck.

"I c-can't do this without you Gguk. I thought I could do this but I can't." Taehyung sobbed, Jeongguk closed his eyes hard trying to hold his tears back as he held Taehyung a little tighter, hating how much his chest hitched and throat tightened when he could hear Taehyung's small sobs in his arms, it broke his heart.

"You can. You're not gonna be without me Taehyung, I'll always be with you." Jeongguk said as he departed from Taehyung and cupped his wet cheeks.

"B-buh It's n-not t-the same." Taehyung sniffed, hiccuped. His eyes were so red, tears were taking over his honey tanned cheeks and his nose was running. But Jeongguk gently smiled and wiped under his eyes and his runny nose with his hand.

"I know it's not bubs. But it won't be for long, I'll earn money, get a part-time job while studying to save money to see you. And you can come to Korea whenever you get the opportunity." Jeongguk assured as Taehyung looked sadly in his eyes.