Alvida

Fun Facts

Fun Facts

♛  The inspiration behind Shanzae's character were women like Benazir Bhutto, Michelle Obama, Hina Rabbani Khar, Lady Macbeth.

♛  Shanzae is obsessed with chai, so much that the book started with the word itself. Interestingly I've never had chai.

♛ The political speeches at the rallies were written after spending days listening to political speeches of several important politicians like Benazir Bhutto, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, Imran Khan and Bilawal Bhutto.

♛  The idea of beginning with the story with a love triangle between Shanzae, Aliyaar and Shehryar was given to me by my sister.

♛  As per the original plan, Shanzae was supposed to find out about her pregnancy at the hospital where they were treating a seriously injured Aliyaar. I changed my plan last minute and added chapter 43, because I didn't want to rob you all and AliZae off that precious moment.

♛  Shanzae does not like children, neither was she keen on having them, so for her to accept the unplanned pregnancy, because Aliyaar wanted a child, was a very big step.

♛  Not one scene of the book, apart from the first kiss, was planned. Everything was written in the spur of the moment.

♛  Shanzae has a very fun-loving and child-like personality. She enjoys when people around her, especially Aliyaar, pamper her. She adores animals and has several pets. Unfortunately, given the serious nature of the book, this carefree aspect of her personality wasn't explored enough.

♛  While it might not seem like it, Shanzae is very firm in what she wants. She has come across as indecisive but if she sets her heart to something she'd go to any lengths to get it.

♛  Aliyaar had angrily left the meeting when Dada Jaan proposed Shanzae's marriage with him. But on his way out he saw Shanzae dancing in the rain and while he didn't fall in love with her, his anger suddenly melted away. And his first thought was, "If I have to get married, then this girl better fucking be Shanzae."

♛  The main motivation behind writing Aliyaar's character was to show and normalise positive and supporting husbands, who are secure in their relationship.

♛  A deleted scene included Aliyaar and Shehryar playing PS5 in the middle of the night, only for Aliyaar to spot Shanzae before she barged into the room in a pair of shorts and a silk camisole. Obviously, he left the game in the middle and ran out before Shehryar or anyone else saw her.

♛  Aliyaar secretly enjoys scolding Shanzae whenever she does something crazy, because he gets to see her puppy eyes and childlike pout.

♛  Ever since I started writing this book, I have read over 50 books on politics, by world leaders or upon them. I have watched close to 20 shows, documentaries, movies and web-series on politics, royals, conspiracy theories around famous scandals and corruptions. My youtube history is filled with speeches from world leaders, famous assassination attempts, political master-stokes etc.