"How's this for family bonding" (The Winter Soldier 2014)

ابدأ من البداية

"W--Well--" Sitwell begins and Rumlow's laugh is heard.

"So much for dead-beat assassin, huh," Rumlow smirks now as Pierce glares at him.

"Whose side are you on?" Pierce practically growls out and Rumlow just raises his hands in surrender.

"Hey, I'm on the side of the cause," Rumlow defends, "But...I'm just saying...Agent Ghost is not like any other person you'll ever meet. The guy chews up mercenaries for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then goes home like it was nothing...not to mention all that other shit he did back in the day...no offense, sir...but the man doesn't have a weak spot, trust me--"

"That's it," Pierce suddenly snaps his fingers with a thoughtful look.

"...What is?" Rumlow raises a brow at this.

"A weak spot," Pierce suddenly smirks and exchanges a look with Sitwell, "You think it'll work?"

"It will, 100%, sir," Sitwell pulls out his phone.

Rumlow frowns, "What are you guys talking about? I don't--"

Sitwell suddenly shoves his phone into Rumlow's hand and the S.H.I.E.L.D. operative raises a brow as he sees a picture of John with his two daughters and Natasha out by the mall and park.

"...What am I looking at here?" Rumlow asks as he looks towards Pierce and Sitwell whom both smirk.

"Those girls in the pictures with Agent Romanoff and Ghost are Nikki and Nellie Smith...his daughters," Sitwell says to Rumlow whom raises his brows surprise.

"When I was young," Pierce begins, "I once read an extract from a book about philosophy and the insanity of man. I can't remember the name, but it was all rather intriguing...one of the paragraphs from the extract went a little something like this... If you ever truly wanted to hurt a man. You must not target him, but instead...what he loves most. To take that which he holds dear and twist it, corrupt it or destroy it all together...and then...and ONLY then...will you have broken him and made him feel that hurt from deep within his soul..."

"So...you want us to go...and abduct that which he holds dear...?" Rumlow tries to see where Pierce's logic was going, "And use them as leverage..."

Pierce grins now, "All for the cause."

Rumlow scoffs, "Right...cause that always ends well."

"Just get it done, Rumlow," Pierce says to him and turns to leave.

"Oh, and sir," Rumlow calls out as Pierce and Sitwell were both at the door, "That extract you read...I've seen it before too...which is why I know for a fact...that you didn't happen to finish it...I believe the closing went a little something like... But beware, fore when you hurt a man in that way...you twist HIM, corrupt HIM and drive HIM to heights of rage never before thought imaginable. And that you will have turned that man into a monster...that would now come for YOU..."

Rumlow notices the way Pierce's body stiffens up at this and smirks, "...Am I getting close?"

Pierce just huffs before completely leaving the room with Sitwell. Rumlow just scoffs one last time before turning to his men, "Alright STIRKE! Pack it up, let's get a move on!"

...

As another day went along in New York, residences of the magnificent city all roamed the streets going about their business as usual.

Men and women went to work and children went to school, two children in particular being Nikki and Nellie Smith, the girls were just picked up by a friend of Nikki's and her mother.