(2) Chapter 8

Memories are meant to stay,
Though you don't remember.

But your body does.

It all natural that,
You forget and remember.

This is how God created us,
We are not perfect.

Yet, Nox is perfect.
-Jennette

Chapter 8: Where Sung Jin-woo plans on his revenge on Aeternitas.

A/N: If you had read the last chapter and noticed that my writing is way different from the last time I've posted a chapter.

It's because of the fact I've been working on another book recently.

I've been going crazy whether I should make it into a one shot or not.

X

Jennette bursted into tears of joy, when Nox smiled softly towards her.

She quickly tripped over when she tried to stand up, the long dress that she stood on made her loose her balance.

"AHHH-!"

The fall triggered Jennette to scream out loud, though her scream was cut off when she landed into Box's warm, yet firm arms.

She was embraced into a hug, a tight, yet soft hug. That was just right, to hear his heart beat.

Her soft hiccups were softly audible to hear.

The hot, wet tears streamed down her puffy eyes.

Burying her head into Nox's chest she breathed in his scent.

She was quickly reminded that Nox wouldn't ever leave her again, the pain in her body anguished til nothing hurts anymore.

"BROTHER NOX!"

She gripped Nox's shirt tightly, squeezing her hands to clutch onto her last hope.

Her cries were now softly echoing throughout the large room, Nox embraced her ever so slightly.

He glided his left hand over her head many time, it managed to calm her down even more.

"Shh.... Don't cry Jennette, I'm here....."

He softly whispered those words towards Jennette, nobody else was able to get those words.

This made Jennette drift off into a deep slumber.

Her eyes fluttered when she saw the shadowy figure covering her view of Nox.

His eyes glowed a beautiful violet hue to them, making it more visible to her in the dark.

".....sleep well, Jennette....."

That was what Jennette had heard Nox say, those words were the exact same when she was younger.

Her puffy, swollen eyes lowered down, slowly covering her jeweled blue eyes.

'I want to see, Brother Nox in my dreams.....'

Jennette thought to herself while she was being played down onto the soft, mattress.

The blurriness was taking it's toll, no matter what she did to keep her eyes opened; out urges her to close them.

Until, there was more in sight- other than her falling down a bright, white room.

"Brother...... Nox......?"

She saw the figure in the distance; who looked similar to Nox but that man didn't have any if his features other, then those glowing violet eyes.

She sprinted off towards him, reaching her hand out- she watched as he was walking farther and farther away.

"WAIT-!"

She screamed out, suddenly her vision blurred when she accidentally tripped.

"ACK!"

Jennette braces for impact, using his thin and fragile arms to shield herself from the incoming injuries she may aquire.

Though she didn't feel any pain.

She felt warm, as if she was being held up high into the sky.

She peaked open her left eye to see that the man was already holding her up.

Under the armpits, he didn't dare to hold her close to him nor, even try to be in close contact.

His face remained invisible, the black, ink marks that scribbled all over his face were covering his features.

The only thing visible was the glowing violet eyes that Jennette remembers.

She knew who those eyes belong to.

Jennette gulped down the non-existent saliva down her throat as, he placed her down back onto the white, smooth floor.

He didn't say a word, nor looked at her.

"W-wait!"

Jennette yelled out, when she realizes that he turned away from her to continue walking off into the bright light.

The man stopped in his tracks, turning his head towards her.

Her eyes widened when the black scribbles on his face was slowly being erased.

The man's face was beautiful.

He looked cold to a person's eye but, his body held some friendliness and warmth to them.

His hair was neat, and dark as the night sky.

His cold, yet warm calculating eyes stared down upon her- glowing a beautiful violet hue to them as it flickered between blue and Violet.

"Ahhh...."

Jennette reached her right hand out to grasp onto his sleeve. Tugging them down, she looked up to his face.

"Y-Your brother Nox, right?"

He said no word but, he pointed towards the beautiful flickering portal.

The purple hue's to them as it glowed.

It was an magnificent sight for Jennette though, she couldn't quite understand why he was pointing.

"You are meeting my true self.... soon...."

Jennette heard his deep, yet soothing voice spill down from his mouth; it sent chills down her spine.

'.....his voice is like...... Honey...'

She thought as he took hold of her hand that was hold his shirt.

He gripped onto he ting, fragile hand into his.

His cold hands, made Jennette more reassured about him, since Nox always had cold hands.

She blinked and looked up to him, then it suddenly turned white; she was falling down from the portal. Nothing can stop her from the gravity pulling her down.

In her hands, was a necklace that Nox always wears; he entrusted her with the necklace, while deciding to leave her.

Wake up, Jennette
Wake up!

Jennette.....
Jen....te

She gasped and chocked for air, when she opened her eyes.

Her left hand was reaching out for the ceiling, she saw the necklace dangling from her fingers.

Tears started to stream down her face when she realized that her brother had left her.

Athanasia sat beside her trying to soothe her from her painful memories.

"Jennette I'm sorry.... I couldn't stop your brother Nox from going.... He said he was going to kill him."

X