(1) Chapter 10

"Sir Nox, your eyes are like mine's.
But somehow, it's more beautiful!"
What I said was always true,
But his words are not.

You always have been a
Good child.
But, slowly you were
Walking away from your Uncle.

You felt proud,
You felt like you owned him.

But, you cannot act like that
If you do I'll never forgive you.

You are just like him.

X

"If only you knew, my real self."

She heard it clearly, she listened to what he said. Doing nothing but, lay down on the soft silky bed.

'Real self?.....'

Jennette's eyebrows slightly furrowed together, as if she had a bad dream.

'Is brother Nox, not really human then?'

She thought to herself, never opening her eyes. She might've been caught when she opened her eyes. But, she didn't want to be abandoned again.

Not when she had grown so fond of his presence.

Not when he was there for her- when she needed it.

She opened her eyes slowly, only to gasp- she was surprised.

No, not surprised- felt unsure of how the events turned out.

Her Uncle never told her about this. Did she have a brother, or is he a relative from the Obelia family?

She had no clue- Jennette couldn't think anymore. It was as is her Uncle told her false news.

What she saw was beautiful, Nox has beautiful jeweled blue eyes. She felt like she was staring into a ocean.

She felt like she was falling into an abyss. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't live any longer.

"Jennette!"

She felt her shoulders being grasped, shaking her out of her dazed self.

Jennette choked and huffed on air as if it was her life line. Tears on the verge of sliding down her face, begun to drip.

She didn't know what's going on anymore. Looking up to Nox, her eyes widened.

Reaching her arms and gripping onto his shirt, she started to cry loudly.

Nox let his hands go, only to hold her closely towards his chest.

He didn't say a thing, Nox only listened to her cries.

X

"Is your eyes really black?"

Jennette sat on his lap, looking up to see his face. She held an confused expression.

Not knowing if this man is actually her cousin or not.

"Yes, the jeweled eyes only appear if I use my power."

Jennette then looked down to the book she was reading, never speaking to the maid's nor, anyone.

She didn't tell anyone about this incident.

Not even her brother Ijekiel. She wanted to keep this a secret until her debutante ball.

She wanted the world to know of his existence, when the time is ready.

She would prove them wrong, and that she would never harm her first friend Athy.

She was determined that this plan would work by, getting information from her Uncle's work room.

But, she would dare to go in herself. So she asked Nox to find useful information and report back to her.

He agreed knowing that, she would not stop insisting him until he agrees.

That's her only way to find out of future events, either looking into the contact history or even using some kind of magic to see the future.

They didn't have a Seer or a fortune teller. But, Jenn did have a person that is has magic.

Nox has magic, so she would truly understand what's really going on deep down her Uncle's head.

She discovered that he never cared for her in the first place, he was using her for his own succession.

She didn't feel any pain or misery though.

She only felt happy, knowing that Nox is with her. Nox and her would run away to live together alone in a house built in a forest.

She didn't know if it would come true but, she will try her best to fulfill her dreams.

And finally getting rid of her actual father and Roger.

She did feel bad for not thinking of taking Ijekiel with her. But, she made her choice to bring him as well.

She later dreamt of a long, happy life.
X

I know chapters are getting shorter but, at least we are getting somewhere.