Chapter Sixteen: Relations

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, Mari-" She abruptly stopped when she saw Adrien. "-nette and Adrien."

"Ehe, hello Mrs. Cheng." he sheepishly greeted.

"Mom, I had Adrien stay the night since we were hanging out late, and I was afraid to have him walk home in the dark. I hope that's okay."

"That's alright for me, sweetie, but I don't know about your father."

"What about me?" Tom suddenly barged into the room.

Marinette and Sabine both went in front of Adrien to hide him from Marinette's overprotective dad.

"Nothing darling, we're just talking about, uhm, about a school project and she's asking me if she could bring someone here."

"So if she's asking then why is he already here?" Tom pointed to Adrien.

"Dad, it was late out, and I just didn't want to let him walk home alone in the dark."

"Look, I trust you Marinette with what you're doing. And he's a great guy and your crush.. or should I say, boyfriend?''

Both teens' faces were covered with a deep blush that caused them to be more obvious about their relationship.

"We don't want to officialize it yet, dad. The press would have a hayday if they found out."

"I see. I see. You two better hurry off to school then. Don't take up my daughter's bad habit of being late, young man!"

"Dad!"

"Just go, you both have five minutes until your classes start."

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" Marinette grabbed Adrien's hand and pulled him out the door with her.

---Meanwhile with Gabriel and Nathalie---

*During the akumatization*

Hawkmoth just stood there, waiting for the heroes to defeat his villain. While doing it, he got down his lair and headed towards Nathalie's room. He got in the glass elevator and glared at his late wife. Is it betraying Emile? Would he be loyal to the woman who's been loyal to him since the first day or would he be loyal to the woman he vowed for?

Gabriel sighed. There wasn't a reason for questions. He would move on with the woman and child he loved. Emilie was gone. He was upset that it took so long for him to accept that. Now being a villain had a new purpose. He was protecting his family. And he would do it for them. Without a doubt.

He exited the underground site and carefully not to catch any attention from the staff there then walked towards Nathalie's room. When he entered her room, he saw her peacefully sleeping with Duusu on her shoulder. He sat on the edge of the bed and admired her. He slowly moved closer to her and laid beside her. He tapped Duusu's head to alert her that he wants alone time with his peahen. Duusu didn't budge a bit and moved closer to her owner. Hawkmoth had no choice but to pick the kwami up, and place her on the nightstand with the miraculous.

He then pulled Nathalie close to him and wrapped his hands around her as they cuddled. Nathalie shifted a little, and that made Hawkmoth whisper something in her ear. "Don't worry, it's just me." When she heard his voice, she immediately went to face him. When she saw that he's still transformed, she just left a kiss on his nose, glad that he kept his promise.

"Mhm.. Hey, darling.." she murmured.

"Are you feeling any better?" he asked, softly brushing the hair out of her face. She nodded and her eyes widened.

She jumped out of the bed and ran straight to the bathroom. She was already hunched over the toilet by the time Gabriel came rushing in behind her.