3-Once upon a time

Hope you like it!!!

Thanks for reading and as always people, I would love it if you voted, commented and shared!

Thanks guys xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

Once upon a time

Kirsty and I already jumped on the suitcase in an attempt to zip it up so I wasn’t intending on opening it any time soon. I’ve just about finished packing and I’m pretty much set to go but there are a few boxes above the cupboard that need checking. My suitcase was already securely zipped so I headed towards the cupboard hoping not to find anything else.

“Kirsty, give me a hand” I tiptoed and extended my arms as far as they could go.  Just about managing to touch the edge of the box I yelled over to Kirsty. “I’m going to push the box on 3, you catch it”

“Sis I’m a pro at everything so don’t worry, I’ve got this” She gave me a wink for consolation so without a second thought; I pushed the box with all my might.

“KIRSTY” The box had toppled the ground as all its contents scattered on to the white carpet.

“I thought you were going to push on 3?” ‘Oh shoot’ I guess being time conscious made the thought slip out of my mind.

“I didn’t...its okay; just quickly help me clear this mess before dad gets here” Thankfully nothing had broke so without sparing another second I began scanning the carpet for anything I might need at dads. When nothing in particular stood out, I began scurrying the rest of the items back into the box.

‘Dad’s going to be here shortly, I really need to speed things up’

I quickly grabbed the rest of the items lying on the floor when I noticed something tiny under my radiator.

‘The gift!”

I barged my way over to the radiator as fast as I could, dodging all the items that lay on the floor behind me. 

‘I must have put the gift on top of the cupboard’

*****************************

FLASHBACK

‘Where is he?’

He should have been here by now?

‘He’s going to come Brooke stop freaking out’

I seriously can’t believe I’m waiting in the college car park for Steve to pick me up, I mean the one and only ‘Steve Dunlop’. I really have to stop saying ‘the one and only’ every time I say his name but I can’t help it, it’s a habit I developed of the years I spent crushing on him.

I blushed at the mere thought of him pulling up beside me in his Audi R8 casually rolling down his car window and ever so stylishly smiling ME in.

‘WOW!’

 A smile naturally sprung, so large, that soon it began hurting my face!

I surly can’t act this flustered around him, I have to play it cool; just like all the magazines say...

‘Play hard to get’.

‘He’s late and He’s so going to pay for it’.

I narrowed my eyes and stiffened both shoulders to ensure I had a strong posture; the kind of posture that says ‘I’m mad at you boy’. After all, I THINK that’s how you play hard to get?