Jimin sat forward; his mouth parted in anticipation as his diamond cockily rested her hands on those beautifully curved hips. She began to glow as that familiar smile radiated through her physique, lightening those bronzed irises and transforming her long cardinal hair into a cluster of flames. The air seemed warmer too, cosier, intimate, all because she was about to choose him.

But then she had to ruin it, of course.

"I've gone to so much effort to keep Taehyung, why stop now? I'm going to stay with him. I'm going to put everything into us and prove to him that I'm the right choice, not her. Seriously, how often does a person experience love at first sight?"

Now the air really had shifted because Jimin was about to raise absolute chaos.

Snapping up to his feet with eyes like daggers, he did something he never thought he would with Satine of all people.

"Are you serious? Are you listening to yourself?" He yelled, catching her off guard. "Do you hear what's coming out of your mouth right now?" The smile was whipped from her face.

How could she be so idiotic; so reckless with her heart? He was done with it all; with helping her, protecting her, pretending that he was okay with her loving someone that wasn't him.

"What are you talking about?" Satine answered calmly. She wasn't one to shout and neither was Jimin until then.

"He's abused your trust time and time again! He betrayed you in one of the worst possible ways, Satine!" He was begging her to see. "He's fallen in love with her. It's not you anymore, okay?"

Her heart stopped beating as soon as he said it. She didn't want to hear that; it was like a fourth-degree burn on top of an already open wound.

If she could have mustered the strength, she would have yelled back, but she didn't have it in her. "He loves me..." Her voice was small, but her muscles were primed to act. "He told me he loves me."

"No, he doesn't and you're not stupid enough to believe he does." The parallels between him and Taehyung during that moment were uncanny, but where Taehyung's anger was pointed at her, Jimin's was to avenge her. "God, where are you, huh? The girl I first met is under there somewhere. You never used to be this foolish."

Jimin was struggling to understand how the prodigy that was Satine Fontaine, was blinded by something as superficial as love. She could solve the Diophantine Equation if she put her mind to it, figure out the answer to the Matter-Antimatter theory. She could beat a world famous poker player, tormenting them with the worst poker face in history if she so wished. Yet love seemed to wipe every logical thought from her brain.

She leaned against the ceiling length window, dead silent.

"Huh?" He shouted when she didn't answer, storming over to where she was standing. Satine didn't flinch, even after he slammed his hands against the glass on either side of her head. "Where are you Stella for star?" He was smiling wildly.

After the initial surprise of his rowdy behaviour subdued, Satine's body stiffened as their faces hovered inches away from each other's, her's laced with disdain.

"So I've finally got a rise out of you..." she tauntingly whispered.

"A rise?" He mocked. "Oh sweetheart, you have no idea what you're dealing with. You're sorely mistaken if you think this is what the end of my tether looks like."

Satine wasn't afraid and Jimin didn't want her to be. He only wanted her to see sense.

"I can't help the way I feel about him and I'm anything but a loser-"