34: Find You Again

I stared at him as he held his gun up to me. I slowly held my hands up in the air. Chip still sitting in-between my fingers. I felt my breathing pick up as the gun shook in his hand a little bit. I needed to get this chip into the system before it was too late. Bucky's stare was intense. I still couldn't tell what he was thinking. Suddenly, he slowly lowered his gun.

"I don't want to fight you." He said simply. I lowered my hands as his face filled with confusion.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know why." He replied. We stood in silence as his eyes shifted around the room. He looked confused. Like he was struggling against himself. I walked slowly towards him. Keeping my hands up. My heart was beating so fast. I knew I was going to see him here, however not right at this moment.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked quietly. Bucky looked back over to me. He furrowed his brows. I could see the darkness in his eyes. I stopped moving when I did.

"Layla Black. Hydra test subject 738." He answered. His voice held no emotion as well, "I'm supposed to bring you back with me."

"Six minutes, Black." Hill said into the coms. I took in a sharp breath. I wasn't going to be able to finish this mission with him here. I slowly lowered my hands shifting the chip into my pocket. I walked closer some more. He quickly reacted, lifting his gun back up in front of him.

"You and I both know you remember more." I said. I could see his breathing become heavy. His chest moved up and down rapidly. I reached my hand out to him. His eyes followed my every moved. I lightly place my hand onto his arm. He took in a sharp breath. He slowly lowered the gun. I could feel him clutch it tightly.

Right in that moment I could see Steve walking up. Bucky seemed to notice it too. Bucky turned and held his gun up to Steve. I quickly lifted my leg up kicking it out of his hand. The gun fell down below us, the impact echoing around us.

Steve ran up and began fighting Bucky. I tried my best to help. Bucky flipping back and forth between us, blocking every hit. Bucky shot his arm towards Steve, who managed to catch it in his hand.

"Layla now!" Steve yelled at me. I nodded and quickly turned around. I ran over to the console and looked around at it. I pressed a few buttons on the keypad. Immediately trays of keycards slid down. In that same moment Bucky came up behind me. I felt him grab me by the neck and pull me away.

I stumbled backwards as Steve began to struggle to stand up behind me. The key card falling behind Bucky. I quickly grabbed a knife out of the holder on my thigh. I could see he had one as well in his hand. Bucky ran at me with his. I blocked it with mine. In sync we struggled against each other. Flipping the knives between our hands. It was a true sentiment to him being my teacher.

However, I could tell I was a bit rusty. I thrusted my knife towards him. His metal arm caught it. I tried to pull back against. His clutch around my knife was too strong. He lifted his up in another hand. I quickly let go and moved back as best I could.

I felt the knife cut against my shoulder as I moved away. I groaned in pain as I reached for the cut. I could feel the blood begin to ooze out. In that same moment Steve was back up. He threw his shield at Bucky as I ducked down to avoid it. I swept my leg under Bucky's, knocking him down.

I jumped over Bucky quickly and grabbed the key card. I felt his hand grip tightly to my ankle. I fell forward hitting my head hard on the catwalk. He got up as Steve reached back for his Shield. I rolled over, a loud groan escaping my lips. Bucky reached down for me, but before he could grab me Steve threw his shield once more.

Bucky caught it in his hands and threw it back at Steve. I kicked my leg up once more, knocking Bucky back to Steve. I flipped up, running to the panel as Steve and Bucky struggled against each other. I moved fast, hearing Hill counting down the seconds on the coms. I placed the keycard in its slot and let out a sigh of relief.