07. Questions

A bile threatened to emerge at the back of my throat as the heat in the room intensified. My head was sweaty, the room was hazy and I seemed completely lost. The vision struck my memory like it was real, I felt it, the realness existed.

I was in a room, void of any emotion, everything seemed white; just purity and tranquility, nearness to perfection. My robe dragged on the floor; it was white, very beautiful and celestial-looking. The celestial-looking robe started to fade in the distance, and I appeared in a different place. I could see the firmament with arch angels flying high up in the sky, I peeked through the sky and I felt a presence.

The presence was strong, it sent shivers through my body.
"Aegeus?" I uttered but more in a question-like tone for assurance but no answer was forthcoming.
I felt lost, as the angels summoned me to come up. For a moment I was confused on how I was going to reach them for I couldn't fly to meet them.

"I can't come up!" I said worryingly.
"Nada! Speak less celestial one. Your eccentric nature has brought you this far, the powers that dwell within you are sacred and shan't be misused."

A look of confusion struck my face, not understanding what the being was headed at.

"I don't understand! Powers?"
I asked, to express my outright confusion.

"Yes child, the blue---"
A sombre look overshadowed the being's expression.

"What? I don't understand!"
I chimed back.

"Selena! Selena!"

I heard a voice from behind calling out my name. I turned back to get a clearer view of who it was but my sight was overshadowed by a bright light. It was so bright, I covered my eyes from the piercing pain.

"Selena! Selena! Answer me."
This time, someone was shaking my body and I felt extremely lifeless.

"Get up you!" The person yelled.

I finally regained my senses.
I used every atom of strength in me as I sprouted out of the straw pile hurriedly, I opened my eyes to a terrified Herrington.

The weather seemed quite gloomy, whether it was my unexplainable vision or just my surrounding or the pregnancy or the way my sweat glands reacted, everything was inauduibly terrifying. What could that vision have meant? Why was the archangel talking about powers? What was intended to be said? It felt too much to handle.

"I've been calling out your name for so long!" Herrington said hurriedly with her raspy breath.
These thoughts resonated in my head; "Am I fine? Am I fine? That vision?" I bubbled up out of my thoughts; unintentionally.

"What vision? Selena! What vision?" Herrington asked, filled with worry.

I calmed myself down for I had to think deeply about everything. Things weren't adding up, the visions weren't adding up, actually, nothing was.
My body's temperature intensified to my utter dismay.
I figured it was time for me to open up, about something, anything. The tension, pressure was suffocating, just too much to handle for I needed an escape, one to fill the void, to provide unrevealed answers; something at least.

Tell Herrington.

Ask her,she has been good from the very first day.

Open up.

She could help out.

Don't you trust her?

Do you have an option?

Questions ran through my mind. Things needed to be set straight, the puzzle needed to be put together, piece by piece for only then will it finally add up.