Chapter 1 - Emiko Tenma

Mulai dari awal

Finally the kettle began to whistle over the fire. Emiko got up and turned off the gas, then started pouring her tea. At that moment a man entered the kitchen.

Though it was Japan, his appearance was very non-Japanese - blue eyes, blond hair the color of ripe rye, and a strong jawline. Emiko looked up and smiled.

"Priviet (Hello), Dad. Would you like a cup of tea?"

"With pleasure, Emiko. What are you cooking there, my love?" With these words he turned to Emiko's mother.

"What do you think? The breakfast for my husband and daughter." She replied taking the pan off the heat and looking into the pot in which soup was simmering. "While you're here, sit down and wait a minute."

On the way to the table, Emiko's father turned on the small TV on the sideboard and set it to the news station, then sat down on a chair across from his daughter, patiently waiting for his meal.

'... Tonight, in a park in the city center, a cherry blossom festival will be held. The program includes a fireworks show at nine p.m. near the river... '

"Are you going with your friends?" The man turned to his daughter, who was sipping her tea in silence.

"To the sakura festival? I don't know yet. Mika-chan have a cold from yesterday, and Risa-chan mentioned that she would be taking her two cousins who came over to visit her for the weekend."

"The sakura festival is really beautiful. I will never forget the first time I saw your mother in a yukata... it was love at first sight..." His eyes suddenly became dreamy. "Anyway, Emiko, you are 20 years old and you should enjoy the charms of your youth."

"Why don't you invite this boy... Ren?" - Her mother said unexpectedly, stirring the soup in a pot and trying a little bit to see if it is ready, or if it should be ready for a while... "As far as I know, you have been friends with each other for a long time."

"Ren-kun? But mom... we aren't children anymore!" At this point, Emiko blushed a bit. "It would look more like a date than a trip with a friend to watching fireworks!"

Her mother and father exchanged knowing looks. Of course!

"You are a young woman, so you can look for a husband... Damn, I don't agree with that! " she thought a little grumpy, still sipping her tea slowly. In order not to be exposed to further ridiculous discussion of her parents, she turned her gaze to the television screen, where various news from around the world was currently being discussed. They aroused little interest in her, but were definitely more interesting than some of her parents' ideas.

However, at some point, she froze. The news that was now showing on the screen fell upon her as unexpectedly as nothing has ever happened before in her entire life.

'... In Germany, the police are looking for Dr. Kenzo Tenma, the former head of surgery at the Eisler Hospital in Düsseldorf, who has been accused of numerous murders of middle-aged couples across the country. Currently, his whereabouts remain unknown. The police services are on high alert. The investigation is led by inspector Heinrich Lunge from BKA... '

The mug fell out of her tiny hand and fell heavily on the table, spilling the grounds and rest of the tea, then rolled over its edge. The father saw his daughter's pale face, then the cup that was just ready to meet the floor, and quickly grabbed it at the last moment before it would break into tiny pieces.

Even though the news was over and commercials were on TV, Emiko was still staring at the monitor in disbelief with horror written on her face and trembling hands.