Chapter 6

The main plotline of the movie was written around the famous general Song Yi and the king of the state, Cao Shijing.

The storyline between the Song brothers was just a short side plot. Thanks to the help of General Song Yi, Cao Shijing unified the divided states and ascended to the throne.

The years of internal strife and chaos made people in various places hard to live. The small northern countries even sent troops to make trouble.

Therefore, Song Yi followed the king’s orders and led his troops to the north. He distributed relief food along the way and finally arrived at the northern border camp.

At the closed border, the advance troops distributed food to the local beggars and refugees according to Song YI’s orders.

Song Zhao, played by Ji Li, was among the pile of beggars. “Everybody, listen to me!” The assistant director held up a loudspeaker and shouted to the group.

“Once the shooting starts later, the soldiers will give you food. You all have to rush and grab at them. The more ferocious, the better! After grabbing it, you have to eat it for me. Do you understand?”

The beggars had been hungry for a long time and the army suddenly gave out food. There must be the scene of competing for food.

The voices of the group actors rang out in response. The assistant director jumped off the platform and walked to Ji Li’s side.

“Do you remember what I just said? There will be a moving camera following you later. Pay attention to your position. There will also be a close-up of your face at the end.”

“Learn to be smart. Don’t think you have any privileges just because you temporarily joined the crew.”

The assistant director had also heard about the matter of ‘replacing him if he doesn’t act well’ and hinted, “It is best to pass this in one go and leave a good impression on Director Zheng.”

“I understand, thank you.” This scene wasn’t difficult and the close-up wasn’t hard for Ji Li. He had originally thought about passing it immediately.

Qin Li saw the assistant director giving a speech to the group from a long distance. After searching for a while, he found his ‘brother’ in the midst of the beggars.

Zheng Anxing sat in front of the monitor and told him, “Qin Li, come sit down.” A staff member brought over two chairs and Qi An sat down.

“Is it about to start filming?” “Soon.”  Zheng Anxing pointed to Ji Li in the upper left corner of the monitor with a satisfied smile.

“This actor looks handsome on the model card. I almost didn’t recognize him in his beggar’s appearance just now.” The implication was that he was satisfied with Ji Li.

Qin Li drank his cup of coffee and didn’t deny it. “Let’s talk about it later. The external image is important but acting skills are the key.”

Zheng Anxing heard the expected answer and glanced at Qi An. The latter just shrugged helplessly.

He didn’t know if Ji Li was lucky or unlucky?

The first group scene was actually being watched by Qin Li. Look at the entire crew. Who didn’t know that Movie Emperor Qin had extreme requirements for details of acting?

If he wasn’t satisfied then they would have to remake it. Such a high standard was pressure for actors as well as a rare opportunity to sharpen their skills.

The assistant director arranged everything properly and came back. “Director Zheng, we’re ready to shoot.”

Zheng Anxing made an ‘okay’ gesture and shouted into the walkie-talkie. “All departments, get ready to shoot. Field affairs, hit the slate.”