Chp. 20 Painting The Town...

Start from the beginning

Penny: Yes, sir!

Penny and the soldiers are heard walking away as Ruby looks on in sadness... until a rat screeches from below her feet, causing her to fall and slam the lid on herself.
-------------------------------------------------
In the ruined parts of Vale, the sound of an engine gets closer and closer that sound being Yang on her motorcycle Bumblebee. Following not far behind is Ben flying into the scene as Astrodactyl.

Yang removes her helmet and gestures to the boys that they've arrived.

Yang: Come on, my friend's right in here!

Astrodactyl: Alright, Let's -SKRAWK- do this.

He detransforms back into himself and follows, Neptune still on the bike with his goggles and hair a mess, petrified with a look of fear.

Neptune: Cool... And where exactly is... here?

The music from Junior's Club slowly grows louder, Junior himself behind the adjusting his cuffs as his henchmen stock bottles, carry boxes and guard the floor until...

Henchman 1: Hurry, close the door - she's coming!

The henchmen rush to the door barricading it shut with their bodies. Junior walks out from behind the bar asking his henchmen in a angered tone.

Junior: What are you two idiots doing?!

The Henchmen shout incoherently until an explosion knocks them to the ground and forces the doors open, allowing a familiar face to walk in through the smoke

Yang: Guess who's back!

Yang continues to smile and pose as eight guns are pointed in her face with an equal number of angry Henchmen behind them. Though this doesn't faze her, she stops and glares at the recording studio where the track is messing up until the frightened bear-headed DJ takes the needle off the record and retreats back under the table

The guys appearing behind in question of her so called friend.

Neptune: Yeah, so could you define "friend" for me?

Ben: Yeah... What exactly qualifies as a "friend" babe?

Junior: Stop, stop! Nobody shoot.
Blondie, you're here! ...Why?

Yang: You still owe me a drink.

She grabs Junior by the arm and drags him to the bar through the hired guns.

Neptune: Whoa-ho-ho-ho, what a woman.

Ben punches Neptune hard in the shoulder.

Neptune: Ow! What was that for!?

Ben: Dude, seriously?

Neptune thinks for a minute till the realization hits him.

Neptune: Ooohh right. Sorry man.

Neptune regains his composure as he sees the Malachite twins he attempts to charm them.

Neptune: Sup?

Melanie and Militia: Whatever.
-------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Blake's fingers trace three scratch marks on a wall before peeking around its corner and seeing a pair of horned faunus as they are ushered into a building by a bearded man. She turns to Sun next to her.

Blake: This is it.

Sun: You sure..? Y'know, I'm just gonna take your word for it.

The two walk inside the building to a hallway filled with cases, seeing another man announcing "New recruits, keep to the right!" at the young pair as they follow.