"You don't wanna tell me anything, that's fine." Kate snarled from behind her fangs and disappeared into the shadows. I stared at where she had gone, seeing her appear a second later, dragging something - someone behind her.

Violet was strapped to a chair, her hands bound behind her back and legs tied to the bottom of the chair to prevent her from running. She had a gag in her mouth that muffled her yelling, and prevented me from knowing she was in the room with us before now.

"She's a quiet one too but I'm sure once I get my hands on her boyfriend she'll talk." Kate tapped Violet's cheek roughly, her finger slipping into the fabric gag around her head to pull it off.

"Screw you." Violet spat now that she could talk normally, but Kate was unaffected. She simply smirked at Violet's reaction and sauntered away into the shadows.

She opened a door, and the bright lights outside of it allowed me to see her properly. Her face had faded back to normal, and she looked back at me for a moment before shutting the door behind her. Her footsteps faded as she left to presumably give her Berserkers further instructions.

Violet was yanking at her arms and legs now, trying to break the thick ropes that tied her to the chair but it didn't budge.

"Violet," I called out to her and she only settled on me when she wasn't able to break free. 

"Where's Liam? Garrett took him, I know you know where he'd be."

Garrett taking Liam wasn't some spur-of-the-moment decision, I was sure of that. Violet and Garrett had been so well hidden and that took skill. I'd be foolish to think they didn't have the foresight to plan ahead if something were to go wrong, especially in a town that wasn't their usual territory.

Violet just scoffed and continued to yank against her binds. 

"Oh please, like I'd tell you."

I narrowed my eyes at her. 

"Were you just born annoying or something?"

Violet stares off to the side, focusing on nothing in particular as her mind wanders since it was pointless for her to try and escape anymore. Neither of us says anything for a while so I start to take note of the chains I hung from, seeing if I would be able to get out of them. If I could get some slack on the line, I would be able to free myself. 

Ironically, Kate is the one who taught me how to.

"You know, we aren't so different."

Violet's words pull me from my concentration and I give her a disbelieving look that she doesn't miss.

"Don't act so high and mighty. You have just as much blood on your hands as me." Violet responds and I tense up at the prospect of Violet knowing about my past.

"I stopped killing," I frowned, disgust filling me at the accusation that I was anything like her.

Violet chuckled, her jaw jutting out as she was in a moment of thought. 

"You're lucky that's why."

"Lucky?" I echo her words in disbelief. 

"Yeah," Violet responded simply. "I lost my family too when I was a kid, and I didn't get taken in by rich hunters. I was thrown into a group home surrounded by kids just as messed up as us, in a town that wanted to swallow us whole." 

I shook my head as she spoke, hardly paying attention to her as her unwarranted pity party. 

"Let me guess, Garrett was one of them and together you guys became a knock-off Bonnie and Clyde? Romantic."