Chapter Twenty Eight: Heart to Heart

(Deku's POV) 

I woke up in Dabi's warm arms and realized that we were laying on the ground. Well, Dabi was laying on the ground. I was laying on top of him.I heard some snores and looked up. I saw that all the villains, including Shigiraki, had fallen asleep with me on the floor. They stayed with me after I had that nightmare. Lying down on the carpet would give you aches and cricks in your neck. And you wouldn't get a good sleep on the floor. L noticed that the lights were also on. Dang, they slept on the floor with the lights turned on. That's a lot to do for me when I had a nightmare. A fuzzy, happy feeling blossomed in my heart. Maybe they do care about me. Maybe, just maybe, they were actually telling the truth. 

   'No. Think, Izuku, think. They took you from your life. They stopped you from being happy. Your plans were ruined and now people have to start looking for you. Which takes up their time. Ther villains are just sucking up to you so that they could get information on All Might and  UA. After they get what they want, they'll throw you out like the trash you are. Rightfully so. And even if the villains cared for you, you are nothing more than a nuisance to them. They only take care of you because they are stupid enough to pity you. You're even more of a burden now.' The voice was right. I'm nothing more than a Deku. I always will be a Deku until I die. My head started spiraling downward until the hopeful voice spoke up. 

  'No that's not true. They saved you Izuku. From yourself and from Kacchan. Even if they only see you as just a little baby who needs protection from the cruel, dark world. Sure their villains, but maybe their not all that evil. I think that they still have some goodness in their heart. No one is truly evil, except for some really bad people. Like people who hurt children. Maybe they actually genuinely care for you. And love you. So just trust them. You have nothing else to lose anyways. Just enjoy this moment. You won't get another one in your life when the heroes come for you.' 

  I got significantly more calm and safe after that. The negative voices got quieter until they were nonexistent. After they were gone, that was when I finally relaxed in his grip. 

   Exhaustion hits me like a brick wall and I'm grateful that my body's heated up by this human radiator named Dabi. Otherwise my bones would be throbbing in pain. I sigh contently and then snuggle back down into the fuzzy blankets. It smelled like lavender and burnt wood, which kept me calm. I know that I should be taking advantage of this situation and try to escape. I'm sleeping with dangerous villains on the ground. And the door's wide open. Right now I could probably get some distance between me and the league.

   With the advantage of them sleeping, I could probably get to a phone and call for help. But would they answer the phone? Would anybody even come for me? I mean, I am just a worthless burden to this planet called Earth.  But I'm so comfortable and warm. And I finally feel safe. A type of security that I never felt with my own mother. A gut feeling is telling me to trust them, to allow myself to be vulnerable with them. To them about the things that Kacchan does to me. And I'm not going to pass up this opportunity to cuddle with people, even if their villains. No one cuddled me like this before for years and even them, it was a quick hug. I'm pretty sure I'm touch starved, though that is partially my fault. Yawning, I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep. 

   A hand moving gently through my hair woke me up. I let out out a large yawn and stretched before opening my eyes.  "Izuku baby", the familiar, raspy voice said. "Come on, wanna sleep in my bed with me?" I opened my eyes to meet Shigiraki's. Confusion overtook me. Doesn't he remember about his quirk? What if he accidently disintegrates me? He seemed to take notice of this and raised his hands. 

   "Don't worry, I have gloves on that suppress my quirk. You'll be safe." I was lifted out of Dabi's arms. He was still asleep and didn't notice the sudden shift of weight that was lifted off of him. Shigiraki stood up and started walking in the hall. He cradled me in his arms while he took me to his room. His room was simple. There was a desk, dresser, closet, and a bed. And the only thing on the desk was a computer.  There were no decorations. Probably the risk of disintegrating items and creating dust. His bed had a blue comforter spread out on it.