Chapter 50- 30th August

Începe de la început

I was only 9.

The men's screams from back then still haunt me.

Did they have families? Loved ones waiting at home for them?

"I don't care Mia none of us are going to kill you" Nat replies but before I can reply we hear steps coming down from down the hall. I quickly then look pleadingly at Ethan but he looks away "sorry baby I couldnt" he says so I look at Clint who glares at me for even making the suggestion. 

"Happy birthday turtle I am glad to see your up" Billy smiles but he was not alone. 4 men stood behind him today all with heavy guns and stood in full masks. Even if we could attack them there is only 4 of us and Billy himself had a gun. The chance of one of us getting shot with five guns in the room is high and that's if we could all get to them at the same time with us being locked behind cells and the fact I am too weak right now-

"Oh I have missed that look" Billy smiles winking at me before turning to the others "you go and be taking Killian up" he points at the fourth guard who nods moving first grabbing Killian who doesn't fight it and leaves following the guard down the hall looking at the floor avoiding everyone eyes. 

"Anyway Mia there is no way you can get out of this" he says clicking his neck and stretching "but you do look so cute when you try and strategies I have missed your expressions" he says and I glare.

"Looks like you upset the birthday girl" one of the guards says removing his mask and my mouth drops "Kai?" I ask my voice shaking as my heart breaks "does that mean?" I ask as I look at the others seeing Theo remove his own mask next making me take in a deep breath. 

A sudden pain hits me in the chest at their betrayal. 

"You bastards!" Clint says standing "is Beth and Liz in this as well?" I ask and Kai sighs "no Beth and Liz doesn't know-" 

"Kai" Billy snaps and Theo then looks at me with a sad smile with an apologetic look in his eyes but I avoid his stare "let's get this show on the road huh? Everyone is waiting for the birthday girl" the last one says removing his mask but I don't recognise him "Brock Rumlow" Clint and Nat snap at the same time making the man smile. 

I had only heard the name once before from Wade. 

'Brock Romlow is a dangerous man if you ever meet him beware he is cunning and he sometimes goes off the name of Crossbones. He is good at playing the good guy but never let him trick you '  Wade warning lingers in my mind as he looks at me for a few seconds a sinister look in his eyes before turning his attention elsewhere. 

"Long time no see Bartons" he says pulling out handcuffs unclicking some as he smiles in Nat's direction but she just scoffs.

"Right let's talk about how this is going to go" Billy says getting the rooms attention. 

"Theo and Kai you will get these two" he says pointing to Clint and Ethan "Brock get Nat and then I will get Mia" Billy says opening our cell first "stay away from them or I will kill you both!" Clint starts but Brock just rolls his eyes stepping in before Billy does. Theo and Kai hold their guns pointed at us as backup "attack them Nat!" Clint yells at her and she looks at me then back at Brock who follows her train of thought then smiles like he was ready for her to attack any second. 

"I mean you can try to fight us but I will shot your husband" Billy says pointing a pistol at Clint and Nat swallows holding out her arms to be cuffed. "Don't listen to him! I don't care Nat fight them! Get Mia out of there!" Clint says as Brock smirks yanking her forward knowing she wont risk Clints life. He then forces her against the wall harshly so he can put the cuffs on getting close to her "get off her!" I snap finding some inner strength I stand and run punching him causing him to stumble back but I end up falling my legs still feeling like jelly.