chapter fifteen

Parisa carefully wore the dress Arman had specially ordered for her. The emerald silk hugged her body in all the right places, showing off every single one of her curves. She extended her legs, viewing herself in one of the million mirrors in her room. And with a little bit of magic from the hands of Azin, her hair looked magically perfect. She wore her diamond crown with pride. As everyday went on, she felt more and more like a queen. She felt powerful and free. And somehow happy?

When Parisa walked in front of Azin to give her one last final observation, Azin held in her tears of joy. She was prettier than every shining star in the galaxy. She was the sun and the moon combined. She was everything beautiful. She was an ocean infused with foamy waves that washed over any pain. She was the light that saw the better in everyone no matter what.

"You are too beautiful to be real," Azin confronted her. She was right. This woman was too beautiful to be real. She topped her outfit off with her satin shawl that she wrapped around her arms. And for the final token, Azin placed a diamond necklace around her neck for good luck.

"This was the queens," Azin informed her. Parisa held the necklace in her hand, feeling a little stronger. A little more powerful

"It's beautiful," Parisa admitted. She too was right. The necklace was one of a kind. Something Parisa wanted to hold onto for good will.

And just that, she was ready.

A girl.

A woman.

A queen.

A god.

Suddenly, a knock appeared on the door. Azin silently opened the door slightly. Arman stood outside the door ready for Parisa. Her voice was all he wanted to hear again. Her face was the only thing he wanted to see. It was always her.

Azin moved away from the door, allowing Parisa to walk outside. Once she stepped outside, Arman's mouth collapsed right onto the ground. Then and there, he fell in love. He fell in love with the girl in front of him. A girl so light. A girl so bright. A girl so beautiful.

"You look beautiful," he managed to say. He called her beautiful like it was her name. He looked at her, and she suddenly felt flowers growing in her chest. And it was then and there, that her heart flattered for him. It was then and there, that she found her home in his eyes.

"You don't look so bad yourself," she teased him in pure honesty. A willing laugh escaped his mouth as he walked towards the party with her. Azin carefully followed behind them, with a joyful smile. She was happy. Mostly because they had finally found each other. Their hearts had finally stopped denying the way they felt, and that itself was a sign of hope for the better.

Down the stairs, all eyes fell on the King and Queen of Persia. A man so powerful and a woman so intelligent. Hand in hand, arms linked, the most powerful couple of all walked down into the hall. Every man and woman in the room stared at them with delight. Arman squeezed Parisa's hand for support when he noticed her nervous shivers.

"Hold your head up high. Let them know who you are. They are nothing compared to my queen," he whispered in her ear. His words calmed every nerve in her body. He was right, they were nothing compared to her. She was a woman so intelligent and delightful. The was the Queen of Persia. She smiled at him, and suddenly her heart dropped when she saw him.

There he was, Afshin, standing in the crowd. At first, she thought she must've been imagining things, but as they walked down, she realised how incredibly real he was. His face darkened when he saw Parisa happily walking with Arman. People surrounded Parisa cutting her off from Afshin's view. She ignored him for a while, welcoming the many guests. Frustration and jealousy blinded Afshin.

When Arman was busy with one of the guests, Parisa quietly walked up to Afshin. Something was different. She hadn't missed him as much as she thought she had. She felt almost indifferent. What had changed?

"What are you doing here?" she commanded him quietly. He smiled at her a bitter smile. Something in his smile worried Parisa sick to her bones. And now all she wanted in this instant was Arman's warm embrace around her.

"I came to save you," he answered her with delight.

"I don't need saving Afshin. I told you to live your life. You promised me," she confronted him. Before he could say anything, Parisa felt a familiar figure behind her. Arman. Her dear husband. Arman wrapped his hands around her waist providing her safety.

"Care to introduce me to this young man," Arman said with spite in his voice. Parisa nodded in shock but before she could do the introducing, Afshin stepped forward introducing himself.

"My shah," he said with hate, "I am Afshin Deghan, I am here with the Ottoman Empire," he then introduced himself. Arman nodded uninterested. He didn't give a damn who Afshin was or who he was here with, all he cared about was Parisa. And so, he held her hand taking her away. A soft music played in the background as the harps took shape. Oh, what beauty music brought to this world.

"May I?" he asked Parisa, taking her to the dance floor. She nodded in agreement, placing her hand in his. For the first time she didn't care about Afshin or anyone else because in that moment it was just him. The boy she cared about more than she wanted too. He gently placed one hand on her hip and the other intertwined with her hand. She placed her hand on his shoulder, feeling his warmth. Arman was cold but in the right hands he melted. And she was the right one. The only one.

The music played and they danced. They melted into each other's embrace until it was nothing and no one besides them. The flowers in her chest grew larger and although they were beautiful, she could barely breath. She was his better life. For moments it was just them and them alone. For moments they felt like kids again. It was beautiful. No sense of time, jut life.