Chapter 34: Introducing Estelle

Start from the beginning

"Mom, I've been in so many different battles where I've had to see things like that."

"Well, you've never seen someone give birth. Certainly not your mother."

"But-"

"Are you seriously going to argue with a woman who's in labor?" She asked gently.

Percy closed his mouth.

"Alright, everything is mostly set up." Will told them.

Nico watched Will take order, and act all serious. It was kind of hot. After the baby was born, he definitely needed to kiss him.

"Alright, let's go over here really quick so I can see how many centimeters you're dilated." He explained as he led her and Paul over to where Chiron was standing.

After a couple of minutes, he came out with them. "Okay, apparently Nico's powers tell him when someone is in Active Labor. She's 6 centimeters dilated. In between contractions, you should walk. You should go pee periodically to make room for the baby. Start your breathing exercises. I'll be checking to see how many centimeters along you are occasionally."

Will pulled out a thermometer and checked her temperature. He checked her pulse and blood pressure as well.

Sally groaned and used her breathing exercises as she had another contraction.

"Everything looks normal right now." He placed a monitor on her stomach for a few minutes, then took it off. "The baby's heartbeat is fine."

"Do you want an epidural?" Will asked.

She shook her head. "I want a more natural birth this time around."

"Okay. Has your water broken?"

She nodded. "Right before we left."

"Okay, perfect. Now we just chill, while I periodically check how far into labor you are."

"Okay."

The 6 of them sat around for a while, just talking. Every few minutes, Sally would have a contraction.

Eventually, Sally was 8 centimeters dilated.

"Alright, we should probably take you to the bed now." He told her. Paul helped her towards the bed.

Will squeezed Nico's hand. He looked a little nervous. "I should be back in a few hours. It just depends."

"Good luck."

Will gave Nico a quick kiss on the lips, and walked towards Sally and Paul.

That left Nico with Percy and Annabeth, walking outside. Annabeth was squeezing Percy's hand to comfort him.

They sat down in the grass, under the stars.

They didn't talk for a while. Just sat there. Nico sat a little bit away from Percy and Annabeth.

"Thanks for doing this." Percy finally said, his voice shaking.

"Of course."

"How did you know?"

"That your mom was in labor? I suddenly got a tugging feeling in my stomach, and I knew it was your mom."

He nodded. "I'm glad it's Will and Chiron delivering my sister. Better than someone that I don't know. I trust Will. He saved Annabeth. And of course I trust Chiron."

"Yep, my boyfriend is a pretty trustworthy guy."

"How are you guys?" Percy asked.

"We're good. We hang out with Rachel a lot. Watch TV. Do normal Camp activities. Burn down the Lotus Hotel and Casino. Visit his mom-"