Class and Charm

hi! this chapter's a doozy. enjoy!

Chapter 6 - Class and Charm

"That one! That one!" Bonnie exclaimed, hopping up from her place on Rebekah's bed.

Rebekah twirled one more time in her pastel yellow dress, beaming at Bonnie's reaction. They were trying on dresses for the founders event later that night. This was by far Bonnie's most enthusiastic response.

"Are you sure?" Rebekah asked.

"Yes! You look like a friggin goddess!" Bonnie jumped up and down.

"Okay!" Rebekah said, jumping around just like Bonnie. "I'm so excited!"

They jumped until they were out of breath, then they collapsed on the bed next to each other.

"Look at us. You're going with Stefan, I'm going with Katherine, we got what we wanted."

Bonnie couldn't stop her small frown. Rebekah of course took notice and looked at Bonnie questioningly.

"What's wrong, darling?"

Bonnie contemplated telling Rebekah about what happened with Elena. She hadn't talked to the brunette since Thursday - it was Saturday.

Elena had tried to reach out to Bonnie in every possible way. Through texts, calls, she cornered her at school and came to her house, but Bonnie refused to reply to anything Elena did. She ignored the texts and calls, walked away from her at school and didn't answer the door when Elena pounded on it demanding Bonnie hear her out.

She just didn't think she could get back to the place she was before with Elena. Her entire view on her had changed. Gone were the days when she saw Elena as her compassionate best friend. What kind of 'compassionate best friend' would think so low of her?

Rebekah and Elena weren't all that close, so if Bonnie told Rebekah about what happened she wouldn't be ruining a close friendship or putting Rebekah in the middle like she would be if she told Caroline. And it would be nice to have somebody to confide in.

But on the other hand, Rebekah had a big mouth and would probably tell everybody about Elena's misdeeds. Bonnie had always put Elena's needs before her own. Everybody did, something about Elena just made people forget themselves and put her on a pedestal. Bonnie was already having a hard time ignoring Elena herself, if everyone else was angry with Elena she would feel 100 times worse and would probably end up caving to her doe eyed friend.

But as she looked into Rebekah's concerned eyes, she sighed and told her everything Elena said to her.

Rebekah's expression darkened but she didn't scream or throw a fit like Bonnie thought she would. She was eerily calm, which was worse.

"Bex, please don't tell anyone. I just needed to talk to someone about it. If you tell anyone it'll all be worse than it has to be."

Rebekah's expression softened. As much as she wanted to give Elena a piece of her mind in a public setting, followed by snapping that backstabbing bitches neck, she knew it would just cause Bonnie to feel worse than she already was.

"I won't. Promise."

"Thanks, Rebekah. I love you."

"I love you too."

•••

Stefan and Katherine stood next to each other at the front door of the Mikaelson mansion.

"Stefan? Are you going to ring the doorbell?" Katherine asked.

"Uh, I was kinda thinking that was more of a you job." He replied. Yeah, he was nervous as hell.