♡ ♡ ♡

Present

''Back to Earth Kathrine'' I heard the snapping of Eric's fingers followed by his lively laughter , I looked at him open-mouthed, drinking in the beauty of his sound,  I coughed and plastered a smile.

''Eric how did you meet Sofia?'' I asked him, his laughter stopped and he looked at me , a frown touching his face.

''I did not meet her , It was just accident , I was forced to marry her..'' he stuttered, I tightened my fists and breathed hard.

''So were you forced to fuck her? Is your love for Mrs Odette Carter so low that you just let her go when she died?'' I shouted unexpectedly, Eric's head snapped towards me , his blue eyes were filled with rage.

His hand reached and tightened around my neck ''Making you my friend does not mean that you can question the love I have for her! I haven't loved anyone as much I love Odette..'' he seethed , his hand choking me, as his fingers curled rightly around the curve of my neck

I breathed hard, I raised my leg and kicked him right between his legs, he winced and jumped backwards, I massaged my sore neck softly and sighed , so he does love me?

'' Am sorry Carter, I did not know that was a weak topic..'' I apologized seriously, His eyes softened a bit , he scratched his messy hair in frustration, I sighed and hugged him tightly for a bit of warmth, I knew he was taken aback, but hugged me back.

''Best friends?'' he asked showing his pinky finger , Oh why is he so adorable?

I chuckled and gave him my pinky finger, I gave him a pinky swear?

♡ ♡ ♡

''Are you crazy? We are going to Bali? Carter!'' I laughed hugging him tight, Eric hugged me back and soothed my heart , what have I done to deserve to deserve such a man , he did not know who I was yet he is taking me with him to the city of love.

''Yeah , I mean aren't we friends now Kathrine? And I felt like I wanted to do something for you'' he whispered, tucking a piece of my silver hair behind my ears , this simply made my heart flutter.

''Thank you so much, Carter, But won't your wife come?'' I asked seriously , His face darkened , he looked down at me.

''She isn't my wife and I don't care about her , she is no one for me'' he whispered darkly, My jaw hung open as I looked into his blue eyes , I was entranced. His eyes zeroed onto my lips, We might have kissed while we were drunk , But I don't remember anything, it felt like I forgot the feeling of his lips on mine.

He bit his lips as his eyes looked at my parted lips , Our faces came closer , I could feel the heat rush onto my cheeks , his lips were inches from mine , My hand gripped the collar of his open shirt , he wrapped his fingers around my wrist and pulled me closer to his body

Our eyelids closed , I could feel the heat from his body , I thought I would kiss him right now but.

''Dad!'' we parted, jumping up a little , our heads snapped at the little 6-year-old Damian , he looked gorgeous even at such a young age, he looked like he was 8 and not 6.

Damian looked at our inter-locked palms, I quickly left his hand , I went red and Eric coughed, it was so damn embarrassing for us.

''Heard that you and Kathrine are going to Bali! Can I come too? Lia is going too!'' he squealed excitedly , my heart melted at his cuteness, I really wished he was my son.

I frowned when Damian's smile faded and he looked scared, I snapped my head at Eric , he was glaring at the little boy.

''Carter! Stop scaring the little boy!" I snapped , kneeling in front of Damian, his eyes were glassy, he looked at me with pain , I felt my heartbreak , I know he isn't my biological son , but he felt like my own.