Betty x Sweet Pea

Start from the beginning

"Hello darling, go straight in" she smiled.

"Thank you" I smiled back at the lady who has been here since I was at the school.

I walked into Mr. Honey's office and he looked up from his desk, greeting me with a half smile.

"I'm so sorry" I started as I took a seat opposite him.

"I know" he sighed out. I already knew this wasn't going to be a good conversation.

"But we can't keep excusing this behaviour. She's caused us thousands of dollars in damages and I have to put my foot down. The next time she does something like this, she will be expelled" he said.

I wish I could get angry at him, yell at him for not giving Ella a fair chance, but he's right. He's been more than generous to her and she's just shoved it right back in his face.

"I understand" I said as I nodded my head.

"I wish there was more that I could do, but my hands are tied" he said and again, I nodded my head.

We live in a small town, the school doesn't receive a lot of funds.

"Trust me, you've been more than generous to her and Sweet Pea and I are both really grateful" I said.

"Of course" he said.

From there we wrapped up the conversation and I headed to my car and texted Sweet Pea, telling him I was heading home.

I got into my car and drove back to the South Side. So much was running through my mind.

The closest school, other than Riverdale High is an hour away and in another town. There's no way we would make it work. Why can't she just pull her head in?

I arrived home moments after Sweet Pea and we connected our hands as we walked to the door.

"What's our plan of approach?" He asked with a sigh.

"Stern, I'm done with her shit. She fucks up again and he's going to expel her" I told him.

"Fuck" he groaned out.

He opened the door and I walked in. I saw Ella laying on the couch as she scrolled through her phone.

I walked up to her and took her phone from out of her hands.

"Hey, what are you doing?" She asked angrily as she sat up.

"Don't start with me" I warned her. She looked to Sweet Pea and I as she rolled her eyes with a huff.

"I had my reasons" she said as she crossed her arms.

"Were they threatening you?" I asked her.

"No" she mumbled.

"Did they touch you?" I asked her.

"No" she said as she looked at Sweet Pea.

"Then I don't care whatever petty reason you had. Your dad and I are tired of constantly getting calls saying you've got into a fight, you've spray painted a building. It never ends Ella, enough is enough. If you don't pull your head in, you're going to be expelled" I told her sternly.

"I don't care" she said. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What do you mean you don't care?" I asked her sternly.

"I want to get expelled, I'll work with you guys" she said and I chuckled at how absurd she sounded.

"You don't get to work with us or anything of the sort until you've earned it" I told her sternly. She laughed at me.