Chapter 24

Janus looked over at Remus.

"Rem." He hissed. Remus glanced at him.

"You're sure he's lying?" Janus asked, leaning over and whispering. Remus nodded.

"Positive. I know Ro like I know me." Remus said. "Believe me, he's lying."

"What are you two talking about?" Roman asked.

"Nothing." Janus said quickly but dismissively.

"You don't lean over and whisper like that about 'nothing'." Roman said.

"Fine, nothing that concerns you." Janus said, crossing his legs under himself. "So butt out."

Roman rolled his eyes and Remus glared at Janus. They were meant to be helping Roman, not goading him.

Janus rolled his eyes. "Well, what am I meant to say?" He hissed. "It's gonna look sus if suddenly look like I care about Roman."

"Yeah, probably not the best." Remus mumbled. He'd just have to think of something else.

"Hey, Specs." Remus said, getting an idea. Logan sighed.

"Is that how you're going to address me every time you need me?" Logan asked.

"Probably, yeah, anyway, I just had a thought-" Remus said.

"Oh, spare us all." Virgil said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, I can have thoughts!" Remus protested. Virgil stared at him with a dead-pan expression.

"Not technically good ones, though." Virgil said.

"You don't know that." Remus said, crossing his arms.

"No, but he does." Virgil said, pointing at Roman.

"Oh, and you have a telekinetic connection with my brother, do you?" Remus asked. He didn't wait for an answer. "Anyway, Specs, I had an idea-"

"No." Logan said.

"Hey, I haven't even-" Remus started.

"No." Logan repeated. "I'm not going to help you." He threw the key at Remus. "You want to get out? Do it yourself."

"It wasn't about getting out. Well, it kind of was but not really." Remus said. Logan looked up at him, confused, and Remus saw clear realisation dawn on his face.

"No." Logan said again, now with a lot more conviction behind his words. "No, no, no, no, I'm not helping you with that."

"But-"

"No!" Logan snapped, making Remus jump. "I'm not using my illness to help your asshole behaviour." Logan took a deep breath and turned back to his book. "So you can fuck right off."

"Jesus, fine, okay." Remus said, putting his hands in the air. "Sorry." He said, dragging the word out. Logan flipped him off.

"Wow, charming." Remus said sarcastically.

Roman looked between the two in confusion. "Have I missed something here?" He asked.

"You miss everything, Princey." Virgil said but Remus couldn't help but notice Virgil's slight change in tone when talking to Roman. Okay, he was hyper listening in to Virgil's tone to check if Virgil liked someone, what about it? It was a normal thing to do. Or at least, when you were nosy and thrived off gossip, it was.

"Rem, Remus." Janus hissed.

"What?" Remus asked, spinning around on his desk so he was facing Janus.

"How is this meant to help you find out if Roman's lying or not?" Janus asked.

"Hm? Oh, that." Remus shrugged. "I just gave up. He's got to take his jacket off sometime on his own, I can ambush him then. Don't worry though, when I find out what's wrong with little Roman, you'll be the first to know." He leaned forward and gave Janus a wink before sitting back, trying not to feel the small lick of jealously at his insides.

"I don't care about him!" Janus spluttered. "I want him dead just as much as the next guy. But by my hand, not by Dan's or Freds'."

"Then why d'you wanna know so much?" Remus asked.

"And why are you blushing so much?" He asked in his head but pushed the thought away. Janus shrugged.

"I don't know." He admitted. "I just do, okay?! Morbid curiosity, I suppose."

Are we ever gonna see the wounds? Who knows?! Not me, not you, not anyone.
Bye,
Blaize