╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

The statue is inside the conservatory. "Who's it from?" Sally asked, "Well, that's a long story, actually." Malcolm asked, "Give me a name."

"Katherine Wainwright." The statue is behind Kathy, reaching for her. "But she specified I should tell you that prior to marriage, She was called Kathy Nightingale." Bang!

"Kathy?"

"Kathy, yes. Katherine Costello Nightingale."

"Is this a joke?"

"A joke?" He asked back just as confused, "Kathy, is this you? Very funny. Kathy?" The statue is outside again, hands over its eyes.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

Sally reads the letter with the photographs. "My dearest Sally Sparrow. If my grandson has done as he promises he will, then as you read these words it has been mere minutes since we last spoke. For you. For me, it has been over sixty years. The third of the photographs is of my children. The youngest is Sally. I named her after you, of course." She started to cry, "This is sick. This is totally sick." She throws down the photographs and letter, and runs up the staircase. "Kathy? Kathy! Kathy?" At the top of the stairs, on the landing, are three statues, each hiding its eyes in different ways. One is holding a Yale key on a chain. As Sally crouches to look at the statue, the one behind her reveals its eyes. Sally takes the key and turns. It hides its eyes again. Sally hears the sound of the front door closes and runs downstairs, just before the statue that had the key can touch her.

"No, wait! Hang on!"

Malcolm is heading down the driveway. Sally picks up the photographs and letters that he has collected and put on the bottom of the banister rail, and runs outside. The statues watch her from the windows.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

Sally reads the rest of the letter, "I suppose, unless I live to a really exceptional old age, I will be long gone as you read this. Don't feel sorry for me. I have led a good and full life. I've loved a good man and been well loved in return. You would have liked Ben. He was the very first person I met in 1920." Sally visits Ben and Kathy's grave, and lays flowers. "To take one breath in 2007 and the next in 1920 is a strange way to start a new life, but a new life is exactly what I've always wanted."

"1902? You told him you were eighteen? You lying cow."

"My mum and dad are gone by your time, so really there's only Lawrence to tell. He works at the DVD store on Queen Street. I don't know what you're going to say to him, but I know you'll think of something. Just tell him I love him." A statue watches Sally leave.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

Banto's DVD Store - new, second hand and rare. A bearded man at the counter is watching a shoot out on a film on the television fastened to the wall. "Excuse me, I'm looking for Lawrence Nightingale."

"Through the back."

"Hello?"

On the screen The Doctor was rolling his eyes at Martha, "Martha." He gripped, "Sorry." Martha leaves the picture and a hand comes to smack the back of his head from off to the side. "Ow! Quite possibly." He paused staring at the screen, "Afraid so." Larry enters from even further back in the premises.

"Oh. Hello. Can I help you?"

"Hi." She gives a half asses smile, "Thirty eight." Kate speaks up, "Er, just a mo." He pauses the playback. "Hang on. We've met, haven't we." He points at her staring for a second. "It'll come to you." She smirked, "Oh, my God." He crosses his hands in front of his groin. "There it is." She muttered with an eye roll. "Sorry. Sorry again about the whole" She was quick to interrupt him, "Message from your sister." She held out the letter to him. "Oh! Okay. What? What is it? What's the message?"

тнє ℓαѕт qυєєи // тнє ∂σ¢тσяOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara