Fear Her

{"You better quit trying to cop a feel

{"You better quit trying to cop a feel."}

The Tardis materialises in the Tardis-sized gap between a pair of cargo containers. For once, she gets the door on the wrong side. Theta can't get out, "Ah." He turns her ninety degrees while a train whizzes along the track between the open ground and the housing estate. I laugh an shake my head at the dork, "Ah!" He cheers as we all step out. Rose checks out a Shane Ward Greatest Hits poster on one of the containers. "So, near future, yeah?" She turned to him with a smile,
"I had a passing fancy. Only it didn't pass, it stopped."

We move down the street, Theta making sure to hold my hand as Rose moves to his other side to grab his arm. "Thirtieth Olympiad." I speak with a impressed look, "No way! Why didn't I think of this? That's great." She cheers yanking him closer causing him to clear his throat. "Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about, wrestling each other in the sand with crowds stood around baying. No, wait a minute, that was Club Med. Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony, tonight, I thought you'd like that. Last one they had in London was dynamite. Wembley, 1948. I loved it so much, I went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch. Lovely chap, what was his?"

A man is putting up Missing posters on the lampposts, causing me to frown an let go of Theta's hand moving closer to the poster. "Mark? John? Mark? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet." John Mark, 1925-1991. I hummed to myself as I read the name and listened to the one Theta just listed off. Does he know he does that, it's not everyday that a Timelord can subconsciously predict things. "D." I called out causing Rose to frown at me with a glare.

"And in those days, everybody had a tea party to go to." He continued on in his own little word but still made his way over to me. "Doctor!" Rose gaffes at the fact that he moved away from her. "Did you ever have one of those little cakes with the crunchy ball bearings on top?" He asked me with a wide smile, "You should really look at this." I pointed to the poster as he finally moves to stand next to me. "Do you know those things? Nobody else in this entire galaxy's ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings. Genius."

He cheers and reads the two posters. The boy's name is Dale Hicks, "What's taking them, do you think? Snatching children from a thoroughly ordinary street like this. Why's it so cold? Is someone reducing the temperature?" He asks looking around with a frown as I stared up at him. He really doesn't know he does it, honestly I'm disappointed in myself for not knowing the man I loved could do it. Or maybe it was just this place, he seems super sensitive to it.

"It says they all went missing this week. Why would a person do something like this?"

"What makes you think it's a person?" A woman puts out her rubbish and goes straight back inside. There is no one else about apart from the council roadmenders and their white van. "Whatever it is, it's got the whole street scared to death. Doctor, what-" Theta has run up the street to investigate the front lawn and its goal with me following along because he wouldn't let go of my hand. He holds his hand out over the grass, I watch him. "Ooo, tickles!" He giggles causing me to snort as a man steps out of his house and moves over watching us with a frown.