Chapter 29

=Minji P.O.V=

Trudging up the stairs to my apartment, I felt a sense of security that I sorely missed. I had taken the fact that I had a home for granted, thinking that it was a given that I had a home and warm bed to look forward to every night.

After those months of not being at home, it definitely changed my way of thinking. I no longer take the fact that I had a home for granted.

Which made me wonder, did Julia still have my things in my room like I did before? Or did she get rid of them because she thought I was a lot case? I hoped that she left my room alone; I don't know if I would be able to handle any more changes.

Walking down the familiar hallway, I had a heavy pit of dread weighing at the bottom of my stomach. I couldn't fathom why, I was coming home after so long after all, right? After this, everything will hopefully go back to normal.

I was wrong.

Knocking on the door, I waited for a while. I never really had my house key near me whenever I was home, since I usually stayed there unless I had commitments or work. And Julia was usually home arounf this time at night, studying for one test or another.

I hoped that Julie at least kept a spare undreneath the mat. Checking the said place, I was relieved to find that there was indeed a key there.

I wasn't hoping for a big welcome from Julia, but it didn't mean that it didn't hurt just a little bit that she wasn't there. But I shouldn't blame her, she was probably working full-time somewhere now. After all, someone had to pay the bills.

Letting myself in, I gasped at how unclean it was. There were wrappers everywhere, empty bottles of soda surrounding the trash can and dirty dishes in the sink.

Well, it isn't as bad as I thought, but still... I thought to myself as I started to clean up the apartment. It didn't take long before the floor was clean, but I could save the mopping and stuff for tomorrow.

Traveling for a week and then some takes a lot out of you, I must say.

Flopping onto the couch, my eyes fell shut as I slipped into a state between being asleep and awake at the same time. I was awakened by the lights in the living room turning on. Sliding my eyes open, I sat up as I registered the person who was in the room. I blinked as Julie stood there, mouth agape. It was silent for a while before she got over her shock.

"Minji? Is that really you?"

"Who else were you expecting, silly?" Julie rubbed her eyes a couple times, smudging her makeup a little bit, before blinking again. She tapped her forehead a couple of times before shaking her head.

"I must be going crazy, can someone please pinch me?" Standing up from the couch, I pinched her arm. Shrieking from the pain, she rubbed the sore spot on her upper arm, pouting at me.

"Welcome home to you, missy. Where the hell have you been? I've missed you!! Do you understand how hard living was for me?" She whined, fake-crying into my shoulder. I patted her head, rolling my eyes.

Some things haven't changed, which I was grateful for.

"It's a long story. Really REALLY long."

"I've got all night!" Julie exclaimed, jumping onto her futon bed in the bedroom with a big smile on her face.

"Don't you have school tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow I have a day off because of the grading period." She replied, patting the space next to her. I barely sat down on the bed before she hugeed me. "I missed you tons, chingu. So tell me EVERYTHING."